fbpx

On a scale of 1 to 10….

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone On a scale of 1 to 10….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

How hard is it to paint these PYOs? I have NO painting experience at all. And, between knitting, crossstitching, jewelry making and learning how to work with metal clays I really don’t have time….BUT I almost can’t help myself, I can hear them calling to me, tempting me ๐Ÿ˜†

Maria
    Participant

Depends on your color scheme. Some schemes aren’t hard to paint but take an awful lot of time. I’m doing one right now. Others are hard and take a lot of time. As for experience levels, I’ve only done griffins so far, but I gather that kirin and wolves are easiest, followed by dragon, followed by griffin. I think. Of course the hardness also depends on your experience with painting at all and personal adeptness at handling a brush… ๐Ÿ˜†

Skigod377
      Participant

As for hard, I rate the griffin as a 10, the Ki rin as about a 6 or 7, the dragon a 5, and the wolf, maybe a 4. Keep in mind I dont try anything hard, though. ๐Ÿ˜•

Hmmm, if you don’t try anything hard and you have painted griffins…then what would that be?

Skigod377
        Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

Hmmm, if you don’t try anything hard and you have painted griffins…then what would that be?

No no…I mean I dont try to paint hard schemes. No markings or bandings… Stuff like that.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Really Ski?? The wolves have been giving me alot of trouble. Especially the wings, but then I’m tring to blend them flawlessly and the area is so small to work with.

I’d say the griffins are definately the hardest so they would be a 10, next I think the wolves are like a 7, the Ki-Rins and Dragons are probably about the same for me. In the 4 or 5 area.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

frozendragon
            Participant

I think the dragons are hardest…because I want even smooth coats…and they have more nooks and crannies….the wolves are the easiest and then the griffins are a harder than the kirins….

so from hardest to easiest… dragons, griffins, kirins then wolves

but that’s me…

Lokie
              Participant

I found the dragon the hardest, Gryphon second, then Kirin next, then the wolf. But I think it all depends on how ambitious or complex your paint job is for the sculpt since my dragon paint job was more complex and difficult than my wolf so I consider that the hardest to paint sculpt and the most time consuming.

Skigod377
                Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Really Ski?? The wolves have been giving me alot of trouble. Especially the wings, but then I’m tring to blend them flawlessly and the area is so small to work with.

You do alot more detailed work than I do, so that is to be expected ๐Ÿ˜‰

How come some paint jobs look thicker then others? Is it a function of the paint or layers? Or quality of brushes?

I was thinking of trying either a wolf or a dragon..

frozendragon
                  Participant

asinnamon wrote:

How come some paint jobs look thicker then others? Is it a function of the paint or layers? Or quality of brushes?

I was thinking of trying either a wolf or a dragon..

it’s the quality and thickness of the paint…and it depends on how many coats of paint were put on

Hmmm….It is tempting! So, here is a stupid question for you, do I wait until they are back on Ebay, or order from windstone?

frozendragon
                    Participant

asinnamon wrote:

Hmmm….It is tempting! So, here is a stupid question for you, do I wait until they are back on Ebay, or order from windstone?

just email karen….or call in…and honestly start with the wolf….it’s pretty much the easiest unless you want to paint him exactly like someones dog

dragonmedley
                      Participant

I haven’t tried the wolf or the kirin yet, but I did a griffin and a dragon, and found the dragon harder because of all the hard to reach places.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.