fbpx

Old Warrior

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Old Warrior

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    yolanda
    Participant

I was wondering , since it looks like you may be on a roll on restocking store items, if we may see the Amethyst OW soon?
      Or Maybe the long awaited pink OW or maybe a glacier OW ?? squeek* squeek*
      Also is there a new color in the works coming out soon on any of the dragons with so many squeeks going on and all the various new colors on Ebayed stuf ?
      Oh , and hows the search coming along for eggs for the coiled mother ?? πŸ™‚

yolanda
      Participant

Nicole
        Participant

or violet flame ows? πŸ˜€ sorry can’t help hoping it will come true someday

Melody
          Keymaster

dracco wrote:

I was wondering , since it looks like you may be on a roll on restocking store items, if we may see the Amethyst OW soon?
            Also is there a new color in the works coming out soon on any of the dragons with so many squeeks going on and all the various new colors on Ebayed stuf ?

We had painted some Amethyst OWs but they all turned out to be “goof ups” due to bad paint. We haven’t been casting them, but if we have enough horns, we may start casting them.

All our eggs are rotten, and no prospects of finding a new pewter company, so I don’t know what we are going to do about that. Maybe I’ll change the object she is holding…

I am considering a new color for the dragons, but not sure yet. I really want to restock our store before adding new things, but I might do a batch of Serpentine dragons in limited production.

Wampus Dragon
            Participant

Melody All our eggs are rotten, and no prospects of finding a new pewter company, so I don’t know what we are going to do about that. Maybe I’ll change the object she is holding…

Maybe she can hold an orb like the male? At least temporarily…

etruscan
              Participant

Does Swarovsky [or however you spell it] make crystal eggs? Or, I believe a few special pieces have had silver color eggs rather than gold.

yolanda
                Participant

Melody wrote:

dracco wrote:

We had painted some Amethyst OWs but they all turned out to be “goof ups” due to bad paint. We haven’t been casting them, but if we have enough horns, we may start casting them.

All our eggs are rotten, and no prospects of finding a new pewter company, so I don’t know what we are going to do about that. Maybe I’ll change the object she is holding…

I am considering a new color for the dragons, but not sure yet. I really want to restock our store before adding new things, but I might do a batch of Serpentine dragons in limited production.

Maybe you could try using a diochroic sphere like the one the male holds but only in an egg shape. I wonder how hard it would be to find something like that ?? I really hope your able to find something for her she is one of my favorites as is the OW ….Really would love to see him in that pink or the glacier those are my two hopefuls but i do like the amethyst as well.

Rachel
                  Participant

Melody wrote:

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!!

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

ghostndragon wrote:

Melody wrote:

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!!
                      YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Elena
                      Participant

Melody wrote:

dracco wrote:

What about a stone egg? πŸ˜• There are all kinds of neat semiprecious stones out there that polish up really nice that can be cut into eggs, any Lapidary shop could probably do it. And then the egg would look like “real” dragon eggs πŸ˜€

Melody
                        Keymaster

etruscan wrote:

Does Swarovsky [or however you spell it] make crystal eggs? Or, I believe a few special pieces have had silver color eggs rather than gold.

When I designed this dragon we searched everywhere for some kind of crystal egg she could be holding , there aren’t any in that sie, SIZE( dang my “z” key doesn’t work anymore!) a least any that were inexpensive enough to use… you could get very nice gemstone eggs, but yikes, lotsa $$$. So we ended up making a golden pewter egg.

Melody
                          Keymaster

Quote:

Maybe you could try using a diochroic sphere like the one the male holds but only in an egg shape. I wonder how hard it would be to find something like that ?? I really hope your able to find something for her she is one of my favorites as is the OW ….Really would love to see him in that pink or the glacier those are my two hopefuls but i do like the amethyst as well.

Maybe, but the sculpture would need to be changed to take a sphere. The egg has a thing on the bottom that fits into a socket in the sculpture ( that is why it is practically impossible to remove the egg ) so the hole would need to be filled and re-sculpted to make it nice looking.
                            We could use pewter colored eggs, but eh.

WolfenMachine
                            Participant

Is there a reason you couldn’t order the horns from the same company you got them from in California and have them shipped?

yolanda
                              Participant

Melody wrote:

Quote:

Maybe, but the sculpture would need to be changed to take a sphere. The egg has a thing on the bottom that fits into a socket in the sculpture ( that is why it is practically impossible to remove the egg ) so the hole would need to be filled and re-sculpted to make it nice looking.
                                We could use pewter colored eggs, but eh.

Well you do use the sphere on the coiled male and the curlies so would it be impossible to use them for the coiled mother ??? Would it be hard to fill the hole and resculpt it ?? I have checked into 2 marble companies that make special requests but i havent heard back to see if they can or will do an egg shape. They do various sizes and colors ….Heck i think one even does glow in the dark but they had irridecent colors pastels all sorts of colors.Plus im thinking this would be a MUCH cheaper way than crystal or gemstones. This way we could have different colors too and you wont have to raise prices if it comes to that. Its just an idea and as soon as i hear back i can let you know what they say and give you info. One company only has an email 2 contact them and im waiting on them to reply .The other ….well i didnt call in time today but heres the number 800-846-4228 . Its a thought and we can see if either of these companies are able to make what you need.

Jennifer
                                Keymaster

About two years ago I spent a solid week or two of researching and contacting people, looking for semi-precious stone eggs in the correct shape and size. I also was just looking for ANY stone egg at all at one point. At that time, no one out there made them in the correct shape or size. A few stone-working companies said they could custom make them but the cost was astronomical even in large quantities. Expensive enough that Windstone would need to charge 4 or 5 times the amount for a coiled momma, which just isn’t gonna happen! πŸ™
                                  I don’t know if things have changed much but with the economy a lot of places have been going out of business (instead of the other way around) so I’d be surprised if there are any to be found at a reasonable price point.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.