fbpx

Old Colors on New Dragons?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Old Colors on New Dragons?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Since some new dragons are being painted in the old colors, I was wondering … Is there any chance of other dragons being painted in Peacock and Old Green? Spectrals? Rising Spectrals? (I would LOVE a Riser in Old Green). Fledgies? More Brown Risers would be good too. πŸ™‚

Chloe
      Participant

Brown Risers would be wonderful!!! <3 I was wondering if the new baby dragon will be painted in brown?

Melody
        Keymaster

Brown Risers would be wonderful!!! <3 I was wondering if the new baby dragon will be painted in brown?

Yes, I would like to do all the new dragons in old colors. I think we could do more of the the risers in old brown, it wasn’t a limited edition I don’t think , but I can never remember.

Melody
          Keymaster

Since some new dragons are being painted in the old colors, I was wondering … Is there any chance of other dragons being painted in Peacock and Old Green? Spectrals? Rising Spectrals? (I would LOVE a Riser in Old Green). Fledgies? More Brown Risers would be good too. πŸ™‚

If we haven’t officially retired a color on a particular dragon, we might paint them in old colors.Have we ever done old green Spectrals? I don’t think so, because we don’t have a lot of the original dark green paint. We do still have a couple jugs of the lighter green though, so I just need to copy the old dark green color and mix more.

Chloe
            Participant

Yes, I would like to do all the new dragons in old colors. I think we could do more of the the risers in old brown, it wasn’t a limited edition I don’t think , but I can never remember.

SQUEEE!! πŸ˜€

Azurielle
              Participant

If we haven’t officially retired a color on a particular dragon, we might paint them in old colors.Have we ever done old green Spectrals? I don’t think so, because we don’t have a lot of the original dark green paint. We do still have a couple jugs of the lighter green though, so I just need to copy the old dark green color and mix more.

Then maybe there is hope yet for a batch of Old Green fledgies?

Keeper of the Fledgings

siberakh1
                Participant

Old Brown Risers were limited production and signed.

Old Green Rising Spectrals = Gorbash (I suppose an emp could cover that too, but thought I’d throw that out there!) :3

I would love to see more old green fledgies too, but I don’t recall if they were signed or not (and they aren’t in the store, postponed production or otherwise) to be able to tell. Would someone with one care to confirm?

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I’d LOVE old green Risers and old green Old Warriors, those weren’t ever done either.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Sbianchi
                    Participant

Old Brown Risers were limited production and signed.

Old Green Rising Spectrals = Gorbash (I suppose an emp could cover that too, but thought I’d throw that out there!) :3

I would love to see more old green fledgies too, but I don’t recall if they were signed or not (and they aren’t in the store, postponed production or otherwise) to be able to tell. Would someone with one care to confirm?

Both the Old Green Fledgling and Brown Fledgling were signed by Melody with COA.

etruscan
                      Participant

Oops – the fledgies were an afterthought because I didn’t realize they had been done in brown and green. I should have looked at Wolfen’s list first:
                        http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/windstone-dragons-listed-color-and-sculpt

Interesting discussion in that thread too. siberakh1 said: “Pearly Pink Laps were only LP in one batch (or was it two small batches?). Technically, the same is true of the copper patina dragons, the silver dragons, the amethyst orientals (so far), the old green fledgling, the old brown fledglings, scratcher, lap and old warrior, white old warrior, gold fledgling and lap dragon, violet flame fledgling, rainbow scratcher, and the secret keepers in gold, rainbow, and peacock. *I think I got them all!*”

Copper patina dragons are still being produced, and a second batch of the silver dragons was painted. Can the other LP dragons be restocked? Have most of them been officially retired?

Kiya
                        Participant

Oops – the fledgies were an afterthought because I didn’t realize they had been done in brown and green. I should have looked at Wolfen’s list first:
                          http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/windstone-dragons-listed-color-and-sculpt

Interesting discussion in that thread too. siberakh1 said: “Pearly Pink Laps were only LP in one batch (or was it two small batches?). Technically, the same is true of the copper patina dragons, the silver dragons, the amethyst orientals (so far), the old green fledgling, the old brown fledglings, scratcher, lap and old warrior, white old warrior, gold fledgling and lap dragon, violet flame fledgling, rainbow scratcher, and the secret keepers in gold, rainbow, and peacock. *I think I got them all!*”

Copper patina dragons are still being produced, and a second batch of the silver dragons was painted. Can the other LP dragons be restocked? Have most of them been officially retired?

LP dragons are different than limited edition. LP just means they are only sold directly from Windstone in small batches. The signed with COA dragons tend to be the ones that do not get restocked. πŸ™‚

So unless an LP dragon has been officially retired, Windstone can restock them if/when they have paint/sculpts/horns/demand πŸ™‚

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

I’d LOVE old green Risers and old green Old Warriors, those weren’t ever done either.

Yes! Agreed!

Leigha
                            Participant

Yeeeeeesssssssss! Want Old Warrior in the Old Green!

BUT I want him to have those pretty orange/brown highlights like this mama:

photo motherdrgreen.jpg

Heather
                              Participant

Yeeeeeesssssssss! Want Old Warrior in the Old Green!

BUT I want him to have those pretty orange/brown highlights like this mama:

photo motherdrgreen.jpg

Me too! Gosh, that would be the most GORGEOUS OW ever, and there’ve been some beautiful ones over the years . . . . πŸ™‚

pipsxlch
                                Participant

Old green fledges were LP; I have one and would be delighted for others to have the chance to own one too. I remember arguments about rereleasing them upsetting people because it would lower the value of the extant ones, but so? Maybe the color could be tweaked even to counter that- the current ones are like the ‘new’ old greens, maybe make new ones like the ‘old’ old greens. (I prefer the ‘old’ version and would trade my current fledge for one like that.)
                                  I would DEARLY dearly love to see the dragons that weren’t offered in old green put out in it.
                                  Edit to say an old green old warrior has long been my dream dragon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.