fbpx

Oiled Bird Rescue…Really Long Day!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Oiled Bird Rescue…Really Long Day!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

::HUGS::

I am in tears, for you – for the bird – for us

Lokie
      Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

That’s really sad and very frustrating that he was unable to be saved, but at least he didn’t have to suffer longer than if he were left on his own.

I echo this.

I’m horrified by the oil spill, but oh so glad there’s individuals like yourself trying to help.

keschete
        Participant

Thanks all! Fish and wildlife called me today to confirm my experience, abilities and schedules.

I used to rehab wildlife and I am an ER Nurse and a Nurse Practitioner, so I can do a lot of proceedures and am comfortable dealing with animals.

I am hoping to get on the list for sea turtles. That would be fantastic. The lady today said there were not a lot of local volunteers with experience, most of the experienced people were out of state. I am 5 miles from base of operations. So I am sure I will be called again.

Katherine
          Participant

It makes me so upset to think of these animals suffering because of the oil, and I am so proud of you for helping out these animals, and that wonderful bird. Thank you for sharing your story.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.