fbpx

Office Mayhem

Home Forums Miscellany Community Office Mayhem

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Oh, yup, you’re right I had posted that one before (couldn’t remember for certain – I’m getting old…)

What Time Is It?

Missed one of my flights.

photo time011-375x500_zps429ec394.jpg

photo time02-375x500_zps2b4c0bff.jpg

photo time03-375x500_zpsa8b72809.jpg

photo time04-375x500_zpsb4d68360.jpg

Do the things you do influence those around you to take an active part in their life rather than the natural tendency to “just cope”?

(from tdm: a little retaliation, maybe?)

twindragonsmum

tdm

Adaneth
      Participant

LOVE IT! :bigsmile:

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Office Bowling Alley

One of the first major office pranks I built (ie: it took more than a few minutes of preparation to create) was to convert my boss’ office into a putting green for his birthday. We purchased a 2x3m swatch of Astroturf and used a shipping pallet and baking pans filled with sand to create contours and sandtraps. It wasn’t as time consuming or fancy looking as the cardboard office castles I’d create later, but it was fun to build and had a big impact – noticeable to him and everyone that dropped by the office. (The most impressive part of the day was when one of the other managers dropped a hole-in-one putt from 10 meters out on his first try: across the hallway, through the office door, up the shipping pallet and into the hole! “Nothing but net…” Incredible!).

photo OfficeGolfGreen-352x500_zps29155808.jpg

photo officePuttingGreen-352x500_zpsf4ae1db2.jpg

The Innovations Team occupies an office that was originally a filing room. It is a long, narrow room with no windows to the outside world, often referred to as “The Bowling Alley”. The Innovations Team is responsible for promoting big ideas, streamlining existing processes, and steering the customer’s perception of the company. The job alone makes up for their crappy office space, but they’ve also got some totally cool electronic whiteboards, wall-mounted flat screen TVs for customer presentations, and a group of mid-height filing cabinets that have been converted into a snack bar and beer fridge. If they had room, they’d probably have a Fußball or pool table.

This project seems like a no-brainer at first, but when I scouted Toys-R-Us, Target and Wal-Mart, expecting to easily find a cheap, kids bowling set, no one had anything in stock. A quick online search found one for $4US ($10.99US after same day shipping), but by then, I had it in my head to build my own. The build and anticipation during the build is often more fun than the final result, so the question isn’t “Why?” but “Why not?”!

photo bowlingBall-500x375_zps0389aa72.jpg

photo bowlingPin01-500x375_zps3fce8352.jpg

photo bowlingPin02-500x375_zpsdbafd758.jpg

photo bowlingPin03-500x375_zpsb28e6854.jpg

photo bowlingPin04-500x375_zps2339e7ee.jpg

photo bowlingPinBase01-500x375_zpsdbc1ee33.jpg

photo bowlingPinBase02-500x375_zps1efc0c19.jpg

photo stripes-500x375_zps7c685058.jpg

Total build time – 6 hours.
          Total cost – $20 for 3xrolls of white duct tape, small basketball, black gloss spray paint, 1xroll red electrical tape, 1xroll blue painter’s tape. Again, cheaper and faster to buy it online, but where’s the fun in that??

photo bowlingAlley01-500x375_zps3b51869a.jpg

photo bowlingAlley02-384x500_zpsd1ceaa59.jpg

photo andre-337x500_zps01f66899.jpg

photo bowling01-375x500_zpsbdbdbe1b.jpg

photo bowling02-318x500_zpsf402659f.jpg

“I have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old who is told very often that he’s really mature & smart for his age.”
          ~ @knifequest

tdm :bigsmile:

tdm

Hannah
          Participant

TDM, This stuff seriously cracks me up!!! Thank you for giving me a smile 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Victoria
            Participant

These are great! I particularly like those sheep. Hah! Might be inspired to make some with the empty boxes after my upcoming move! 😉

OH MY! It’s the Sheep again! 😀

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Sorry I haven’t posted here yet, I’m in Idaho packing up the apartment while Sean visits his dad and Ethan – the computer is already packed… Back to Utah on Sunday

tdm 🙂

tdm

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Okay, so watch this space for my brother’s latest build… I’ll get things posted later today. For those of you who are too impatient to wait, you can always go to his website to see what he’s been up to. Here’s the address:

http://www.bighairmonkey.com

tdm :bigsmile:

tdm

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Don’t recall if I’ve shared this or not… Also with Halloween rapidly approaching, me bro will soon be starting the annual Haunted House build for his theatre group…

Proper Storage of Office Chairs

In case you’re ever wondering, you can easily fit 32 Storlie Ultra Mesh Managerial Chairs (#7621 w/arms) in a 9×9 office with 10′ vaulted ceilings. officestorage

You can fit more than that.
                    But that’s all the chairs we had in the building.
                    *shrug*

Be sure to remove all the breakable items, or place them in desk drawers.
                    People tend to get upset when you break their stuff.
                    This includes computer monitors.
                    Unless, of course, you’re not interested in staying employed by your current employer.

office storage photo officestorage-375x500_zps5b83fff2.jpg

…and has he mentioned how dangerous it can be to be a friend of his?

I’m Pretty Sure That’s Not The Way It Was Supposed To Happen…

Adam faceplants on his longboard at 30mph without a helmet and cracks his head like a watermelon, dropped on the pavement.

Cale downshifts into neutral instead of first and misses a jump landing ramp, snapping his sternum and his 5th and 6th Cervical vertebrae.

Brent takes a 6″ eyebolt through the forehead when it comes loose from a workout machine, and slingshots back at him.

Miraculously, no one dies.

Everyone ends up at the same hospital, though.
                    I paint a massive “Get Well Soon, Stupid!” face on the grass of the park outside their hospital windows since giant cards work well for me and it’s pretty much the only view they’ve got for the next couple of weeks. It may be a while before some of them can actually look out the window, but hopefully it will last that long since it’s spray painted onto the lawn.

photo GetWellSoonLg-500x375_zps3e72e824.jpg

Hospital Ninjas

Angels aren’t the only other-world entities that tend to congregate in hospitals.
                    There are also the Ninjas…
                    All those damn ninjas…

photo ninjaMasks-640x480_zps358dd6cf.jpg

Being a ninja is obviously a lucrative business.

photo hospitalStaffParking-640x399_zps37056f68.jpg

I once mentioned how dangerous it is to be one of my friends, but I never thought I’d be spending as much time as I do dodging hospital ninjas and convincing night-shift nurses that the phrase “Visiting Hours” doesn’t apply to those that know the difference between “friend” and “acquaintance”.

Hope this helps brighten a day or two 😉

tdm 🙂

tdm

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.