Notification of a Private Message and with no message to be seen

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements Notification of a Private Message and with no message to be seen

• This topic has 29 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Clay.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

Today, March 22, 2018, we had some spam Private Messages in our website.  We have removed the messages from “keragerni” in the Army, however you may still have a notice from the website telling you that you have a new private message – and then no private message to see.  It is not a malfunction of our P.M. system, its just because we removed all the spam messages.

Thanks again to everyone who alerted us to the problem!  It is extremely helpful when you do that!

KaytanaPhoenix
      Participant

Thanks to everyone who was on top of it! It’s nice that the forum is well taken care of to try and keep things like that at Bay 🙂

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Is there a way to remove that 1 message counter?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Zeppard Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

fatalbeauty
          Participant

please please, I still have a stuck one from the prior spamming time….

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Susie
            Keymaster

We shall have to ask Clay!

Kim
              Blocked

Yes my mailbox too says I still have two messages unread that I assume were the two spam ones I got that were removed.  It keeps making me think I have new messages when I don’t!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

Goodness the persistence! I got another message, just to let you guys know

Betrluk1
                  Participant
                    1. I got another one as well just now. Just a slightly different variation on the first spammer name
                    Shotzy11
                    Participant

I missed the first round of pm spamming but I just got a pm from keran gerni at 1am this morning. (Just FYI)

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

The Spammer (keran gerni) just PM’d me 8 minutes ago – I’ve emailed Jennifer and Susie.
                        Then I blocked the Miscreant and deleted the PM without clicking on it or reading it.

DO NOT CLICK ON OR READ THE PM MESSAGE – DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Zeppard Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
                        Participant

Oh, I was wondering what that message was!  I still have my spam message.  It wasn’t removed from my private messages.  I wish I had seen this thread before I opened it and read it.  Ugh.  I did not contact the person though.  I thought the 2 messages were kind of fishy looking.

Gonna go back and delete them now.

Edit:  Though I did notice a private message I sent asking another forum member about the weird messages has been deleted.  So that’s sort of upsetting.

Safire_blue
                          Participant

My PM from that person was still there. I deleted it.

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

Hi guys! Sorry this problem returned overnight when there was no one around to squish it. I think I have blocked all of our current “wave” of spammers so you should not get any NEW spammy private messages (timestamped after 9:30am EST). If you do, please reply here with the exact user name of the person sending you spam.
                              As for what to do with the spam private messages you already do have (if any), just delete them. I think that by me marking the users as spammers on our web platform that their PMs might become unavailable to you… but if not, just delete them. Please don’t be alarmed if you read the message; reading it won’t cause you any trouble (other than annoyance). Just please don’t click any links in the messages! That’s where you can get into trouble.

I confess I don’t know enough about our web platform to remove any pending notifications you might have for new messages; hopefully Clay can figure that one out for us!

(I’m re-posting this to all the current threads about the spammer)

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Zexious
                              Participant

Scammers are such peculiar things–this seems like such an odd group to target. It’s not really that large (in comparison to sites that have hundreds of active users–you know the type), and that users here seem to be pretty educated. Huh. Have to cast a wide net, I guess!

For what it’s worth, I (also) missed the first round–and subsequently my pm count is off–I thought I was missing something, but couldn’t figure out what xD
                                And I did receive two of the Karen pms today. Best of luck to Clay sorting this all out!

etruscan
                                Participant

Is the mis-count in the “Notifications” box?  What happens if you click on “Notifications” and Delete everything – does that fix the problem?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.