fbpx

Norcal Fires

Home Forums Miscellany Community Norcal Fires

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

This is how you know when you are standing way too close to a wildfire. When a water-bomber the size of a 747 buzzes you at a mere couple hundred feet.

I think this qualifies as one of those moments okay to utter “OH S***!!”.

-Dark_zorse, directly on the Norcal fire front.

Adaneth
    Participant

That thing is really neat looking–I wonder how much water it can haul?

Great to hear from you! (now get out of there! πŸ˜† )

Heather
      Participant

Is that the big tanker from Canada? I heard that they’d sent one down to help.

Melissa
        Participant

Aieee! Given how difficult it is to photograph objects in midair, that shows how close they were! 😯

Excellent photos, take care.

*feels most lucky about only having to deal with hazy air*

siberakh1
          Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

I believe it is Canadian. There is a Canadian flag on one of the part that connects to one of the pontoons (I don’t know what it’s called… planes aren’t my thing πŸ˜† – I’ll correct it after I ask my dad).

Stephanie
            Participant

Nice pictures! And yes, that would be the perfect time to utter the words “OH S**T!” lol

Stay safe!!!

purpledragonclaw
              Participant

Whoa, you are close! Too close for comfort for me, whew! Take care and be safe!

Jasmine
                Participant

No, the “OH SH@T” moment is when it lets go of it’s water load on top of you…

siberakh1 wrote:

Barrdwing wrote:

I believe it is Canadian. There is a Canadian flag on one of the part that connects to one of the pontoons (I don’t know what it’s called… planes aren’t my thing πŸ˜† – I’ll correct it after I ask my dad).

I see the flag. Cool.

Last time I saw a water bomber was when the park across from my grandma’s caught fire. Lots of trees, dry year, etc… so they overdid the spraying I think. It was a part of an old wood bridge, there was some cool looking damage on it, it was a hot fire! Obviously some stupid kids playing though. πŸ™„

Heather
                  Participant

It’s sure an impressive beast! 😯 Many thanks to and hooray for Canada! πŸ˜€ I’ve watched the San Diego water bombers work a brushfire and thought them quite a sight, but this thing makes them look teeny. I can’t even imagine how much it must buck in the air when it drops its cargo. The smaller ones quite literally leap upward like they’ve been stung, and I’ve heard that the pilots have some tense moments readjusting for the sudden change in weight.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.