fbpx

No More First Class Shipping In Store?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion No More First Class Shipping In Store?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kiera
    Participant

I put a ‘stone in my cart, and went to complete checkout. When I calculated shipping, it only offers Priority or Priority Express options. Are we not able to get our items shipped by First Class? Priority is too expensive, and is going to limit my buying ability.

For example – a guinea pig costs $60. But the shipping is $40. That almost doubles the cost of the piece.

(I checked a few other items, and baby Pegasus allows first class… is it a weight issue?)

I’m in Ontario, Canada.

Pam

Unfortunately, 1st class international is only available for items that are 4 lbs or lighter.

Sikek
        Participant

Yeah I noticed it was a weight issue a while ago. Which is a shame, but the way I see it, it’s a good thing we can at least get smaller items with very good shipping costs! =)

Kathleen
          Participant

I noticed as well. I cannot justify buying alot of items now except small pieces. 🙁

Kim
            Blocked

I only buy items with first class international shipping too unless I have saved enough to buy 2-4 pieces together and then priority works out to less per piece with all the items combined into one box. I am wondering though if all the weights of the pieces on here are correct? I noticed some weights and shipping costs increased on here recently. For example I checked a poad on here which said it was 3 pounds to try and get the weight for one I was going to ship to the U.S. When I calculated the shipping to send it to her based on 3 pounds, I was quoted $30 from Canada Post to ship it to the U.S. So when I double boxed it good and took it to the post office, I was surprised when they told me the actual weight of the whole package was just over 2 pounds and my shipping was only $20.

I also noticed that on a couple of young unicorns my mom and I got in the mail that on one box it was listed as 3 pounds, another box it was listed as 4 pounds and when I later sent one to the U.S. for a trade, the actual weight was 2.5 pounds in the same box it came to me from Windstone in. So it makes me think if I were to order a piece off here where the weight is listed as more than it actually is, am I paying more for shipping extra weight that is not there? Maybe the weight on some pieces boxed up should be double checked so we are quoted for the exact weight instead of an approximate weight. This would be very helpful especially for International collectors where even a few ounces of weight miscalculated can cost a few dollars more for shipping.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

It’s not Windstone who makes the rules there is USPS. Anything over 4 lbs has to go Priority now.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pam

I only buy items with first class international shipping too unless I have saved enough to buy 2-4 pieces together and then priority works out to less per piece with all the items combined into one box. I am wondering though if all the weights of the pieces on here are correct? I noticed some weights and shipping costs increased on here recently. For example I checked a poad on here which said it was 3 pounds to try and get the weight for one I was going to ship to the U.S. When I calculated the shipping to send it to her based on 3 pounds, I was quoted $30 from Canada Post to ship it to the U.S. So when I double boxed it good and took it to the post office, I was surprised when they told me the actual weight of the whole package was just over 2 pounds and my shipping was only $20.

I also noticed that on a couple of young unicorns my mom and I got in the mail that on one box it was listed as 3 pounds, another box it was listed as 4 pounds and when I later sent one to the U.S. for a trade, the actual weight was 2.5 pounds in the same box it came to me from Windstone in. So it makes me think if I were to order a piece off here where the weight is listed as more than it actually is, am I paying more for shipping extra weight that is not there? Maybe the weight on some pieces boxed up should be double checked so we are quoted for the exact weight instead of an approximate weight. This would be very helpful especially for International collectors where even a few ounces of weight miscalculated can cost a few dollars more for shipping.

Susie might be able to answer better, but a lot of times we round up on the shipping wight because UPS and USPS usually round up. I am pretty sure they do that for priority international and all domestic packages, but im not sure about 1st class international. Susie would be able to clarify. They treat weights as 1+ – 2 lbs, 2+ – 3 lbs, 3+ – 4 lbs etc. So a package weighting 5.1 lbs and one weighing 6 lbs will both count as 5+ – 6 lb packages and cost the same in most cases. The price wont increase unless the weight is tipped over into the 6+ – 7 lb range. If something is really close to being in the next pound range, we will round up. For example if packages for an item are around 2.9 lbs we will calculate it as being in the 3+ – 4 lbs range because just a little extra weight will tip the package over 3 lbs and cost more. For your unicorns, though one says 3 lbs and another 4 lbs, it does not mean one is exactly one pound heavier than the other in real life, but it probably means one weighed just under 4 lbs and another just over 4 lbs, so USPS treated them and 3 lbs and 4 lbs.
                  Sometimes we might pack things in bigger or smaller boxes than usual which will change the weight and could make it more or less than what the store calculated… And sometimes even the exact same items packed the exact same way will be different weights. Additionally, USPS recently increased shipping costs. Basically, the store isn’t able to calculate shipping cost exactly most of the time, but in my experience it is usually within a few dollars of the actual cost.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.