No I didn't fall off the face of the Earth…

Home Forums Miscellany Community No I didn't fall off the face of the Earth…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Riversgrace
    Participant

Hey everyone!!!! I just wanted to let everyone know that I’m ok! I haven’t been on in a long time because we moved 2,000 miles to Texas! And while we are still getting set up I haven’t turned on the Internet here, so working from my phone is rough! But I think about my Windstones family all the time, and I want to say hi!!! Miss y’all!!!!!

littleironhorse
      Participant

Hey! Nice to hear from you ๐Ÿ˜‰

I figured you’d just gotten busy.

So, if it’s not too nosy… Why the move?

Adaneth
        Participant

Great to hear from you. ๐Ÿ™‚ How’s everyone doing with the Texas heat?

Misty
          Participant

HUGS Glad you are settling in a bit! And nice to hear from ya ๐Ÿ˜‰

Amy
            Participant

Great to hear from you. I hope you and your little ones enjoy your new home. ๐Ÿ™‚ Do you have any family nearby?

Grayfire_artz
              Participant

YAAY!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Rachel
                Participant

Welcome back! Hope to see you more often again.

Bodine
                  Participant

HIYA!! :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Riversgrace
                    Participant

I have so missed y’all!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ The reason we moved is that Allen got out of the Navy back in October, and here in September it will be my last active duty day as well. The navy is down sizing and both of us were chosen to be let go between either PTS which is perform to serve, which is a computer that picks random people to not be approved to stay in, or like me it’s called enlisted retention board, which is a group of higher ups that got together and picked people out of a certain years of service and said who stays and who goes. PTS is still kicking people out, but ERB was a one time lay off of 3,000 people.

So we decided to move to Allen’s home state, Texas! :). He has a ton of family here. Sadly in Missouri I only have my Dad… So it made sense to go here instead of there. There have been a few snags since we got here like… The septic tank poisoning 2 of my dogs, which try are both on now and that area is no longer accessible by dogs… And the fire ants, which I’m allergic to…. And the drivers liscence system out here sucks compared to California…. And the kids now have to wear uniforms to school, which they aren’t too happy about. All in all it’s going great though!!!

The kids are having a blast though! They are getting to see my husbands parents all the time! Nana and Opa love to spoil them rotten! ๐Ÿ™‚ they had to leave their swing set behind, which they are extremely sad about and as soon as I have the money I will buy them a new one, but man has that subject gotten some tears since we’ve been here.

We are all loving the weather!!! The storms here are beautiful!!! The humidity is pretty much what I grew up with, just the desert was so dry that I got used to it after being in Cali for ten years. I will admit the humidity is great for my skin though! Lol

dragonmedley
                      Participant

I’m glad things are going well for you and your kids. It’s great hearing from you!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.