No Happy Thanksgiving Thread?

Home Forums Miscellany Community No Happy Thanksgiving Thread?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

I’ll start it, then! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you have a lot to be thankful for.

Kim
      Blocked

What day is your Thanksgiving in the U.S.? Is it before or after Black Friday? They are attempting to do Black Friday in Canada now but I don’t think it has quite the same hype as Boxing Day. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
        Participant

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
          It has been a horrid year for me and I am thankful this year is almost over and I have survived it! 😀

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Zloy720
          Participant

Happy, now slightly belated, Thanksgiving to all the sweet & lovely Windstone forum members!

Although, this thread at this time of morning for those on the west coast may be more whose still up gleefully having fun ooorrrr, whose a masochist doing black Friday work or shopping LOL. 🙂

etruscan
            Participant

Those darn Canadians hijacked the Happy Thanksgiving thread back in October. 😉

I hope everybody on this side of the border had a happy, safe, and warm Thanksgiving yesterday.

etruscan
              Participant

What day is your Thanksgiving in the U.S.? Is it before or after Black Friday? They are attempting to do Black Friday in Canada now but I don’t think it has quite the same hype as Boxing Day. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. The day after Thanksgiving was a busy shopping day for as long as I can remember (back to the late 1950s) because many people were off work that day and were doing Christmas shopping.

Back then, I think the day after Thanksgiving marked the start of the Christmas retail season – that was when the stores put up their Christmas decorations. I don’t remember when the day after Thanksgiving was dubbed “Black Friday” and the promotions/merchandising/sales became so aggressive.

Mary
                Participant

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope that everyone surived Black Friday shopping intact!

Amstaff
                  Participant

Happy Thanksgiving (belated a tad) to all my American friends !! Hope you all got stuffed…. with turkey! 😀

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Our Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. The day after Thanksgiving was a busy shopping day for as long as I can remember (back to the late 1950s) because many people were off work that day and were doing Christmas shopping.

Back then, I think the day after Thanksgiving marked the start of the Christmas retail season – that was when the stores put up their Christmas decorations. I don’t remember when the day after Thanksgiving was dubbed “Black Friday” and the promotions/merchandising/sales became so aggressive.

Actually the term ‘Black Friday’ referred to the fact that because of the Holiday sales, that was the day that stores were most likely to start to be ‘in the black’ (making profits) for the year.

I don’t know when the term started either, but I’m also really very disappointed that Thanksgiving Day has now become the beginning of the ‘Black Friday’ trend. Thanksgiving Day should be for FAMILY, not Shopping ’til you drop as it is slowing becoming.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

darjeb
                      Participant

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.