Nightcrow's Completed PYOs (NEW 4/18/16: Blue Point Kitty Griffin!)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Nightcrow's Completed PYOs (NEW 4/18/16: Blue Point Kitty Griffin!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

Somehow I never did make one dedicated thread to house all my PYOs in; or if I did, it’s beyond my ability to find… I found an old thread from about three years ago that featured one of my PYOs, but apparently I didn’t put them all in the same post. Sorry; fixing that now!

Reposting with old works:

“BLUE AND GOLD DRAGON”
      This was a gift for my best friend, Laura, who requested a blue and gold dragon. It was completed around Christmas 2009?

“JUVENILE SILVER DRAGON”
      This was a gift for my friend John, who wanted a dragon based on the Silver Dragons in AD&D. They are born gray, and slowly become a gleaming metallic silver as they mature; this one is a juvenile, who’s just beginning to silver up. (Featuring real silver leaf – my first time leafing anything! The overexposed spots in the photograph are the leaf, proving even more difficult to photograph than to apply.) Completed around Christmas 2010?

“MALACHITE DRAGON”
      This was a gift for my friend Lauren, who chose blue, green, and silver as her colors. An interesting change from the monochrome and two-color schemes I’d done before! Completed around Christmas 2011?

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
      Participant

“GOLD KOI DRAGON”
        This guy is about 90% complete, but since I’ve been waffling about that 10% for over a year (maybe two) now I might as well post him as-is. It’s hard to tell in the photos, but his body color is pearl white with accents and shading of pale gold; he features brighter gold notes highlights in key spots. Note to self: get some better photos!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
        Participant

**New** “SEAL POINT KITTY GRIFFIN”
          A fun piece! I love the size of this little griff, which means I pretty much completed him all in one day! (Sealed, eye’d, crystal’d, felted, and signed today; the rest of the work was done yesterday!) This was a ‘salvage piece,’ in a way: I bought it originally intending to do a seal or blue point pattern on it, and then had a sudden inspiration and tried to paint him in a completely different (and far more complicated) way only to discover that I am not, unfortunately, skilled enough to pull it off. After months of my failure sitting there staring at me, I went back to the original plan and managed a pretty good job of covering up my hideous botched efforts of before. Now I really want to do a blue point version to go with the seal!

I forgot to take progress shots, since I painted him almost all in one go (with pauses for drying, which I filled with chores), but here’s a couple near the end of the process:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand finished! Fun fact: the wings are (loosely) based on a Sharp-shinned Hawk, and they weren’t part of the original seal point plan; I came up with them after finishing the body! I think they really go well with his other markings; I’m including a WIP shot that better shows the metallic effect on them.

Photos of him will go up in my Gallery as soon as I manage to figure out how to reorganize it.

Falcolf
          Participant

He’s really cute, I love his wing markings – they go really nicely with the seal point scheme! ๐Ÿ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Nightcrow
            Participant

Thank you!

I was really pleased with how they came out; I tried to do a “slow fade” with the pattern as it approached the body, to mimic the fade effect of the body points. (And I did a basic Siamese-esque fade on the backs of the wings, but with metallics — bronze and bronze/gold — instead of the same body color.)

Kim
              Blocked

Cool pyos colours you have done! I like the new seal point kitty griffin too!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Nightcrow
                Participant

Thank you! I’m glad to have them all in one thread finally; I think it’s more interesting to look at people’s work as a collection and see the differences and similarities.

And I’m very proud of the kittygriff, so thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

Nightcrow
                  Participant

****New**** PYO Kitty Griffin: Blue Point!

Display side –

Display side again, in different lighting –

With his Seal Point brother, for comparison –

I’m not quite satisfied with the coloration on this guy. It’s not close enough to its feline counterpart; it’s definitely a very grey grey, much more like a goshawk’s feathers than a Siamese’s points. I don’t think the colors on his wings blended nearly as well as his brother’s colors did, either. Now I’m really hoping Melody will release another Kitty Griffin sculpt, so that I can revisit this color scheme with hopefully better results!

(Sorry for the photo choices, guys. I really thought I had more photos, but I couldn’t find them.)

Kim
                    Blocked

I have a blue point kitty and she has a similar colouring to that so I think it looks good!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Landipan
                      Participant

Blue point is my favorite color of Siamese! I love how soft and elegant your Kittygriff looks, plus how can anyone not love that KittyGriff grin? ๐Ÿ™‚

*Formerly meowmix101
                        Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Nightcrow
                        Participant

Blue point is my favorite color of Siamese! I love how soft and elegant your Kittygriff looks, plus how can anyone not love that KittyGriff grin? ๐Ÿ™‚

KittyGriffs do have the best grins! I’m really pleased with my photo with both of them; they look like they’re grinning at each other. (“Next time, *I* will open the food cabinet and *you* will distract the human!”)

Nightcrow
                          Participant

I have a blue point kitty and she has a similar colouring to that so I think it looks good!

Thank you! That is really good to hear. ๐Ÿ˜€

Prezaurian
                            Participant

My gosh, I can’t believe I haven’t commented before now. Really nice work! I especially like the griffity’s and the white and gold dragon. The dragon looks quite elegant and the griffity’s are adorable!

Nightcrow
                              Participant

My gosh, I can’t believe I haven’t commented before now. Really nice work! I especially like the griffity’s and the white and gold dragon. The dragon looks quite elegant and the griffity’s are adorable!

Thank you for your kind comment! I really ought to figure out whether I’m done with the koi dragon, and either finish him or seal him…

Nightcrow
                                Participant

More photos of the Blue Point Kitty Griffin! We finally had some sunlight, so I was able to take pictures in natural lighting.

And here he is with his Seal Point brother *and* his new Barn Owl x Dilute Tortoiseshell sister! (The Barn/Tortie was painted by the wonderful Siberakh1, on commission!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.