Next PYO creation

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Next PYO creation

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Amy.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SilverDragon
    Participant

Hi Melody,

Curious to find out if there might be another paint-your-own statue in the works or an idea of one floating around. Like a lion, another wolf, or something else?

I love your work and look forward to your feedback. Thank you! ❤️

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
      Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

etruscan
      Participant

There is a short-haired PYO flap cat in the works. Of course, he’s been “In the works” for several years by now!

From Melody’s Blog in February 2014:
        “… [the PYO Oriental dragon] is sitting on my table with other things I am finishing: “Chalice”, the new flion, the new flapcat (nearly done, after 6 years of sitting around!) and the short haired pyo flapcat.”

Windstone_PYO_WIP

Melody
        Keymaster

Hi Melody,

Curious to find out if there might be another paint-your-own statue in the works or an idea of one floating around. Like a lion, another wolf, or something else?

Yes, but it will be some time before I can get to sculpting again!

Amy
          Participant

Melody, can you confirm or deny any plans to make little PYO chicks to go along with the hen and rooster? I don’t want to have my hopes up forever if they’re not going to happen. Even if they’re years down the road, as long as there are desires to make it happen I will count that. 😉

Melody
            Keymaster

Melody, can you confirm or deny any plans to make little PYO chicks to go along with the hen and rooster? I don’t want to have my hopes up forever if they’re not going to happen. Even if they’re years down the road, as long as there are desires to make it happen I will count that. 😉

Can’t confirm or deny. They would be too small for us to cast in gypsum… but pewter?… hmmm…

Amy
              Participant

Can’t confirm or deny. They would be too small for us to cast in gypsum… but pewter?… hmmm…

Could you just make them the same size as the mini bean poads? That would be fine.

Speaking of which, do you have any plans do do more GB (or otherwise) mini bean poads in the future? They are so cute, it’s devastating to think they’ll never be made again.

SilverDragon
                Participant

Hi Melody,

Yes, but it will be some time before I can get to sculpting again!

Great! Thank you for the update! I love your pyo sculptures. ❤️

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
                  Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Amy, rather off topic, but have you looked up some of the chicken models made by model manufacturers such as Safari Ltd and Schleich? Some are quite nice. And the Japanese ‘gashapon’ figures are beautiful, I know there are chickens in some of their lines.

Chicks from one of them won’t be as nice as Windstones, but may give you something until/unless Melody makes chicks.

Edit to add there’s a wiki- toyanimalinfo- where you can look up figures by species.

Amy
                    Participant

Amy, rather off topic, but have you looked up some of the chicken models made by model manufacturers such as Safari Ltd and Schleich? Some are quite nice. And the Japanese ‘gashapon’ figures are beautiful, I know there are chickens in some of their lines.

Chicks from one of them won’t be as nice as Windstones, but may give you something until/unless Melody makes chicks.

Edit to add there’s a wiki- toyanimalinfo- where you can look up figures by species.

I actually collect the Kaiyodo gashapon cephalopod figures. I have prehistoric ones, and also present day. And I have a whale shark and humpback whale.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.