fbpx

Newbie – fan of Male Dragon and equines

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Newbie – fan of Male Dragon and equines

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi, everyone!

I figured it was time to introduce myself now that i’ve become a regular lurker/gawker.

I don’t have any Windstones ~yet~, but i have been *thisclose* to buying four of the current items in stock and tempted on several that have passed through eBay. With moving around for the foreseeable 15 years and other things competing for our money, i just haven’t hit the “Buy” buttons yet.

I may also eventually try a PYO, though i doubt i could do them justice, especially concerning the fine texture details since i’m not so good at keeping paint consistent and smooth.

I like blue, metallic, and holo/rainbow stuff and really have to watch my impulse to buy shiny things in those colors. I love the Male Dragon sculpture, which is the one that got me wanting one since i was a teenager. An old friend had the green one. I’m 30-something now.

Other interests:
    horses (buckskins, Akhal-TekΓ©s, and Fjords especially)
    music (prog rock, electronica, and new wave especially)
    games (Neopets, card games, board games, puzzles, sports)
    nature
    …and lots of miscellaneous other stuff.

If you got this far without glazing over, i’m very honored. πŸ™‚

Amy
    Participant

Hello Fjorab πŸ™‚

Welcome to our little community. We’re happy to have you.
      If the green dragons are what you like you’re in luck. The older green males seem to go for relatively cheap. I highly recommend you buy one. The dragons (and equines) are more beautiful than the pictures can ever show. You just need to see them in person. πŸ˜‰

Oh, and I play Neopets too, so you’re not alone. XD
      Any chance you play Starcraft II?

Thanks, Amy Jane!

Well, the BVP Male is the one i have my eyes on, but i wouldn’t be upset to get my hands on a green one, either. πŸ˜‰ I’m also awfully tempted by the shifty-painted Curled Dragon. I’ve seen a few Windstones in stores and of course my friend’s years ago, but i can only imagine what some of the shinier colors look like.

Yeah, i’ve been on Neopets over 11 years and still love it. My username is the same there. My friends who play are kids-at-heart who love horses and fantasy critters, good company to have, indeed.

I don’t play Starcraft II, though. Sorry. πŸ™‚

Amy
      Participant

From what I’ve heard, the color shift curlies are really gorgeous in person πŸ™‚
        And if you do get one and find yourself not liking it, things seem to be relatively easy to sell here, so don’t feel like you’re stuck with it.

All of my friends/siblings have grown out of it, but I still like it. My un is amyjaned if you want to have a peek at my account. You have so many trophies O.O

Pam

Welcome! Also, I love your avatar.

Stephanie
          Participant

Welcome! πŸ™‚

Misty
            Participant

Hello! And welcome :bigsmile:

No glazing over here!! πŸ™‚ Glad you joined us and stepped outta the “Lurker” world!! HEHE I’m sure in no time you will amass wuite a collection of windstones.

Welcome to the Forum!!

scenceable
              Participant

Hey Fjorab, do you use deviantart? I think I’ve seen you over there πŸ™‚ Welcome to the forum! πŸ˜€

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

The Color Shift Curly is quite fun πŸ™‚ I adore mine! he’s also not very big, so he’s good to pack up and move with with minimal risk of damage! – If you really like him and are truly tempted, I’d keep a close eye on the shop on the numbers.. this is the first batch of them still in the shop and I’m unsure there will be another batch after these are all gone… ‘n often times once something goes *poof* out of the shop and stays out of the shop for very long, especially in curlies, their value tends to go up! Can’t say 100% that is what will happen with these guys, but if you really want one, I’d stick to the better safe than sorry route and snag one out of the Windstone shop πŸ˜‰ They’ve been in stock for a decent amount of time though, so it isn’t a huge rush thing.. just keep a close eye on the numbers πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the welcomes and tips, everyone! πŸ˜€ Yes, i think i’ll get one of the little “dragon sleeping in my hand” Curlies later this month, maybe even the BVP Male. I might have to wait until the beginning of May though.

And yep, i’m on DA, same icon and username! I recognize you too! I should really post some more of my stuff, but most of it is ooolllldd. I did do a recent repaint of one of the little “blind bag” sized My Little Ponies that i’m pretty proud of and want to show off. I’ve been lazy about it, though. And my muse has been awfully shy for the past 14 years.

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Photobucket

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚

tdm

Thanks!

And i just ordered the two i really would feel bad if they discontinued before i made up my mind. So these will be my first Windstones – and i’ll be officially “in the club.” πŸ™‚

Amy
                    Participant

Thanks!

And i just ordered the two i really would feel bad if they discontinued before i made up my mind. So these will be my first Windstones – and i’ll be officially “in the club.” πŸ™‚

Welcome to our ranks. πŸ˜‰

I got my Dragons today! (well, the 18th, i’m still awake, so it’s “today” ;))

Since i’m still in the “newbie” phase and only have the two Dragons, i figured i’d post pics here. They haven’t told me their names yet. As always, photos do them no justice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.