fbpx

New Yoav drawing on page 2… check it out! :D

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion New Yoav drawing on page 2… check it out! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    choebe
    Participant

purplecat wrote:

Ooh! nice work! I’m with everyone else, I like Death best. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I’m on livejournal too, it’s an awesome site.

http://purpletabby.livejournal.com/

Thank you very much! Wanna be LJ friends? πŸ˜€

choebe
      Participant

Griffinlover wrote:

Oh I love Death shes my fav character but of your drawings my fav is Delirium. I think you captured her very well.
        “I am following my fishie!”

My fiance’s favourite is also Del. She just popped into my head one morning and I knew I had to get her down on paper before she flitted off somewhere. ; )

Anyway, thanks very much!

choebe
        Participant

lamortefille wrote:

choebe wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Oh, so you look like Death? See, it can be a good thing. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† I should have mentioned, I know nothing about the series. Is it a series of books?

Haha, actually, if someone hadn’t told me they thought I looked like her, I never would’ve discovered the series at all (and might not have met my fiance, for that matter). : )

The Sandman was actually a comic book series in the early-to-mid 90’s, but it wasn’t your typical “people fighting in colourful spandex costumes” kind of comic book. It was about a family of beings, older than gods, who are responsible for death, dreams, despair, etc. Really good stuff. : )

That sounds really interesting!

So how did you meet your fiancΓ© (if you feel like tellin’)?

Oh trust me, it’s a wonderful story. The issues have since been published in graphic novel form, if you ever want to check them out! I really can’t recommend them highly enough. : )

As for my “how we met” story, about six years ago I decided to dress up as Death for Halloween. I posted the pictures in a Neil Gaiman community on LiveJournal, and Matt, seeing that we were from the same province, left me a comment and added me to his friends list. We became good friends, and went on from there. A few years ago, we went to a book signing and got to tell Neil himself how he brought us together. : )

choebe
          Participant

Jasmine wrote:

Those are excellent. Is there anyway I can convince you to let me print them out? I’d love to have a framed set!!

Sandman is the very first series of graphic novels I ever read…leading me to the Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Kabuki by David Mack…and a whole list of other greats.

Well… I’m considering selling prints to help raise money for RAINN (a charity very close to my heart). I’m not looking to make any profit (especially since the characters aren’t my own) and would be donating all of the money… I haven’t worked out all the details just yet, though. Of course I can’t stop anyone from printing them out themselves, and I’m flattered anyone would even want to, but obviously I’d prefer to go the other route. I’d be keeping them as inexpensive as possible, any chance you’d be interested in something like that?

choebe
            Participant

Stephanie wrote:

Destiny is the one that stands out most to me. πŸ™‚

Beautiful work!

Another Destiny fan, yay! Thanks so much. πŸ˜€

lamortefille
              Participant

choebe wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

choebe wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Oh, so you look like Death? See, it can be a good thing. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† I should have mentioned, I know nothing about the series. Is it a series of books?

Haha, actually, if someone hadn’t told me they thought I looked like her, I never would’ve discovered the series at all (and might not have met my fiance, for that matter). : )

The Sandman was actually a comic book series in the early-to-mid 90’s, but it wasn’t your typical “people fighting in colourful spandex costumes” kind of comic book. It was about a family of beings, older than gods, who are responsible for death, dreams, despair, etc. Really good stuff. : )

That sounds really interesting!

So how did you meet your fiancΓ© (if you feel like tellin’)?

Oh trust me, it’s a wonderful story. The issues have since been published in graphic novel form, if you ever want to check them out! I really can’t recommend them highly enough. : )

As for my “how we met” story, about six years ago I decided to dress up as Death for Halloween. I posted the pictures in a Neil Gaiman community on LiveJournal, and Matt, seeing that we were from the same province, left me a comment and added me to his friends list. We became good friends, and went on from there. A few years ago, we went to a book signing and got to tell Neil himself how he brought us together. : )

I’ll have to check it out. πŸ˜€

That’s a great story about how you met. The internet may be full of garbage, but lots of good comes out of it, too!

Do you/they really call Delirium “Del” or was that just a quick abbreviation?

choebe
                Participant

lamortefille wrote:

I’ll have to check it out. πŸ˜€

That’s a great story about how you met. The internet may be full of garbage, but lots of good comes out of it, too!

Do you/they really call Delirium “Del” or was that just a quick abbreviation?

I’ve generally had more good internet experiences than bad, thankfully. Meeting Matt would have to be the best of all, of course. : )

Delirium is referred to as Del at least once (there’s one specific instance I can remember off the top of my head) in the series. She’s the baby of the family, so I guess pet names come with the territory. πŸ˜€

Lokie
                  Participant

They are very nice πŸ™‚ Destiny was my fav.

choebe
                    Participant

Lokie wrote:

They are very nice πŸ™‚ Destiny was my fav.

I didn’t expect Destiny would be so popular! Glad you like him. : )

Nice work (at first I missed the link and was wondering where everyone else was seeing these pictures, lol)!

Maria
                      Participant

I don’t know anything about the comic, but I like te picture of Death.

Jasmine
                        Participant

choebe wrote:

Jasmine wrote:

Those are excellent. Is there anyway I can convince you to let me print them out? I’d love to have a framed set!!

Sandman is the very first series of graphic novels I ever read…leading me to the Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Kabuki by David Mack…and a whole list of other greats.

Well… I’m considering selling prints to help raise money for RAINN (a charity very close to my heart). I’m not looking to make any profit (especially since the characters aren’t my own) and would be donating all of the money… I haven’t worked out all the details just yet, though. Of course I can’t stop anyone from printing them out themselves, and I’m flattered anyone would even want to, but obviously I’d prefer to go the other route. I’d be keeping them as inexpensive as possible, any chance you’d be interested in something like that?

Sure, I hate people who steal art so I always ask first. Just hollar when you have the details worked out.

Oh, and this is too cute not to share…if Charles Schultz drew Sandman:

http://docshaner.deviantart.com/art/Charles-Schulz-s-Sandman-93543466

choebe
                          Participant

I thought I’d post my latest work… which is now kinda old. How I wish I had more time to devote to drawing. : /

I don’t know if any of you are familiar with Yoav. He’s a musician who opened for Tori Amos during her last tour, which is where I first discovered him. You can check out his MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/yoavmusic. Every sound you hear in his music is made by just him and his acoustic guitar, so it’s pretty impressive (I think). Anyway, I asked him a while ago if he’d mind me drawing a portrait of him, and selling prints to raise money for RAINN. He gave me the go-ahead, and this is what came out:

The result is very, very, very far from what I’d originally intended. I was going for something more realistic, but it kinda took on a life of its own. I kinda like it, though. It’s different from anything I’ve ever done before, at least. I’m not sure yet if it’s the version I’ll go with, and I’ll probably try a few other things before deciding, but it’s something for now.

Maria
                            Participant

That’s neat, choebe.

Well… I like it! It looks cool!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.