fbpx

New Website Suggestions

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone New Website Suggestions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi guys!
      I know that you are busting at the seams with suggestions for our new forum.
      We are still ironing out a lot of bugs and quirks!
      Before making a suggestion, please be sure that it’s not a known bug. Read about some known bugs here:
      http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/about-new-forum#comment-758553

Also please do take the time to read Clay’s response! It’s important!

Please know that bugs will be addressed first so that the forum will function properly for all the users first. This will take a little time.

Then we will move on to suggestions. These too will take time. There is really only one person that can do much of this so bear with us!

Also be aware that a suggestion is not the same as reporting a bug.

A bug is something like “I cannot change my password!” or “When I click a link all I see are dancing Poads!” Please report bugs in the other thread.

A suggestion is something like “I wish there was a way to see only new posts” or “I’d like it if the font colors were brighter and easier to read.”

Let me start with suggestions:

+ I would like for there to be a section of the Windstone store where I can, at a glance, see: newly added items, and items that come back in stock.

+ I would prefer if the forum and the galleries were ‘smart’ enough to automatically re-size images so that they are not cut off by the narrow formatting and/or that the forum and gallery modules could be made a bit wider.

+ I would love if, when writing a post, there was an easy-access menu for text formatting that allowed bold, itallics, underline, easy hyperlink creation, images, font size and color, quotations, lists, and smileys.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Yay! Did you notice we have smileys now? When you write a new post there is a little line that says “SMILEYS” above the text box. Click it to expand. Smileys! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Thanks Clay!

Edit: Or not. Can you guys see the smiley menu when you post?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Adaneth
        Participant

Nope, can’t see it. ๐Ÿ™ Good to hear it’s probably coming, though!

Pam

Can we make this topic an announcement or sticky?

Diana L
            Participant

Found the :beer: and other smileys but don’t know how to find any posts unless I stumble on them like I did this one. What is updated in the red font and new posts next to it, all I find are old ones prior to conversion….I’m getting awfully lonely in my stumbling around…

Edit: I too would love “view unread posts” as of old. This is getting me down…I’m going home and have a :beer: :beer: or two and maybe I’ll settle down….

Hannah
              Participant

+ I would love it if we had an option to change the color “theme” on the forums. I know the old forums were also black background, white text, but for some reason I could stomach it.

On these new forums, its too much black, and the contrast just gives me a headache ๐Ÿ™

+ I would also love it if the text in the window where we type our responses would be the same as the text as it shows up on the forums. The text in the window as it is now is hard for me to read. Then again, that could be the whole black/white issue talking XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

dragonmedley
                Participant

+ I would love if, when writing a post, there was an easy-access menu for text formatting that allowed bold, itallics, underline, easy hyperlink creation, images, font size and color, quotations, lists, and smileys.

I second that. I’m sorry, but I’m not tech-savvy enough to work with codes. I just know :), ๐Ÿ™ and ๐Ÿ˜€ …

EDIT: this is a known issue, but I’ll put in my vote for it!
                  1. I would suggest the “View unread posts” function, as the days of old.

2. For the gallery to have some sort of index at the top, like letters, so we can just click on one to access/search for a specific member’s gallery

3. To be able to sort the gallery pictures somehow – right now, they’re kind of randomly distributed, they don’t seem to follow the uploaded date, or alphabetical order of names.
                  (Yes, I’ve been playing around in my gallery, can you tell?)

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Peggy
                  Participant

:tired: lol :jawdrop:

I am too old for this!

Mmloda
                    Participant

I noticed that the pictures beside each thread etc ( the thumb tacks and the file folders with the star) are all the same gray shade…I was wondering if there is anyway that they could stand out a bit more when the threads/posts have been replied to etc. I know that the old website did that and I really found that helpful!

Marzena

Hannah
                      Participant

In the same vein as mmloda’s suggestion, I would suggest the same of the “online” / “offline” buttons underneath everyone’s avatar and name – it’s not a big deal at all but it’s nearly impossible to tell the difference between light grey and medium grey!

Lokie
                        Participant

I’d really love it if we got “View Active Topics” option back. I’m lost without it.

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

Smileys now appear to be working. Check the “SMILEYS” list above your text box when posting a new comment…. 8)

Hannah
                            Participant

Woo hoo!! It works!

Also, I’m not sure if it’s because I’m using Internet Explorer (I’m currently at work – I ususally use Chrome), but images are now expanded past the content border of the page. I can’t tell if this is something that Clay did so that we can see images whole, or if it’s just Internet Explorer being a horrible web browser (which is usually the case :davie:)

Also LOL at all the cute emoticons!!

:sushi: SUSHIIIII :sushi:

Two other favorites:
                              :ghost: :barf: (rofl!)

Edit:

One more suggestion: (does Clay hate us yet? SORRY CLAY WE LOVE YOU!!)
                              If it’s possible, a box at the end of each thread/page that we can use for “quick reply” – I’ve seen this utilized on quite a few forums before, I don’t think it was something we had on the old forum but I’ve always liked having the option to reply to a thread without hitting the “reply” button.

This isn’t a terribly important one, just another way to make things easier ๐Ÿ™‚

Jasmine
                              Participant

It would be nice if we could get a “back to top” button at the bottom of each page or even at the bottom of each person’s reply. I have my view set to see 90 comments per page and it takes a while to scroll all the way back up to the top.

Pam

+ I would like for there to be a section of the Windstone store where I can, at a glance, see: newly added items, and items that come back in stock.

+ I would prefer if the forum and the galleries were ‘smart’ enough to automatically re-size images so that they are not cut off by the narrow formatting and/or that the forum and gallery modules could be made a bit wider.

I second all of these. However, I would NOT want the site to resize any of my pictures UNLESS it warned me about it first. If a picture needs to be smaller, I would ideally like for the website to just tell me to use a smaller sized pic. I think the forum should definitely be wider though. Either a fluid width, or let the forum expand to fill the rest of the black container it’s in. There must be a good two inches of completely wasted space to the left of the forum container…

As others have mentioned, I think the icons that indicate offline/online/sticky/new post/updated post/etc need to have colors. I can’t tell what’s what if I am scrolling down a page.

Some other suggestions:

+ Switch the “created” and “last reply” columns. I want to see who replied last more than I want to see who started the thread.

+ Switch the positions of the box that I am writing this in with that of the box showing what I am replying to, so I don’t have to scroll down each time I write a reply.

+ The website font is far to small and thin for me! In firefox the letters are squished together more which makes it even harder to read.

+ Can the box that says “save” be changed to something else? “Post” or “submit” would make more sense.

+ Show if someone has edited their post, and when.

+ Give users the ability to delete their own posts?

+ Back to top button

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.