fbpx

New thread for Windstone eBay AUCTIONS will be started

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone New thread for Windstone eBay AUCTIONS will be started

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Syn
    Participant

I have a hard time bringing up the thread to post new auctions now; it takes forever to load, and I have to refresh several times to get all the pictures. The thread has over 1000 replies/postings, so I am thinking that might be the problem and that a new one should be started. Anyone else have long load times, or is it a problem on my end? I am using Fire Fox.

Adaneth
      Participant

It’s just fine for me because I only view one page’s worth at a time, but if it helps you out, PLEASE go ahead and start a new one.

And thanks again for doing this! πŸ™‚

Kujacker
        Participant

It loads no problem for me, and I recently switched back to Firefox (was using Chrome before – it also worked just fine). But yes, no one will mind if you make a new thread.

Pam

I don’t think the number of pages in the thread is the problem, its the number of pictures on a single page that is most likely slowing things down for you. Each page holds 50 replies, and if most of those replies contain 5-10 full sized images each, it really adds up. Try posting just one image for each auction, and it will help the pages load faster.

fatalbeauty
            Participant

Try posting just one image for each auction, and it will help the pages load faster.

awr, but I like the multiple pics, then I can save them without doing a bunch of paint editing with the ebay ones….

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Pam

If you are using firefox, this is handy for saving ebay images:
                https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ebay-item-description-save-enl

When you open the enlarged image window, all the images are opened at once, and you can just right click each one and save it (for some reason, the images appear super-big in the window, but they save at a normal size). A direct url link to each image is also added bellow each image if you just want to link to them or embed the images on the forum.

littleironhorse
                Participant

I have to admit I no longer check the ebay Auction thread because it takes forever to load. I would be in favour of a new thread with only 1 image per auction, but it’s also fine if you want to keep doing it as before. πŸ™‚

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

If you are using firefox, this is handy for saving ebay images:
                    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ebay-item-description-save-enl

When you open the enlarged image window, all the images are opened at once, and you can just right click each one and save it (for some reason, the images appear super-big in the window, but they save at a normal size). A direct url link to each image is also added bellow each image if you just want to link to them or embed the images on the forum.

oooo! this is awesome!

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

I like all the multiple photos myself, but that’s just cause I save a lot of them ^_^ I have like 4 gigs of windstone auction photos on my compter, LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kelly
                      Participant

I like all the multiple photos myself, but that’s just cause I save a lot of them ^_^ I have like 4 gigs of windstone auction photos on my compter, LOL!

LOL, I do the same! I have it set up as a screensaver on my computer so it’s a never ending slide show of ebay windstones, haha. πŸ™‚ I’m partial to all the pictures but if its easier to upload to the thread I’m all for it.

Syn
                        Participant

I save most of the auction pictures, so I like them all in one place too; but the way I have been posting them on the auction thread has been really time consuming. A new year seems a natural place to start a new auction thread, and I also tried the add-on you mentioned, Pam. What a great time saver it is for posting all these pictures. I never would have tried this one if you hadn’t recommended it. You are a gem, Pam. πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.