fbpx

New Job

Home Forums Miscellany Community New Job

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

First job, actually πŸ˜€

I managed to get a coveted position in the Inter-Library Loan department of my university’s library (how did I manage this with no real job experienc? the world may never know…) We trade books with other libraries and universities all over the world, which I think is really cool. I feel like by doing this job I will actually be making a difference to somebody, if they need a certain book or article for their schooling and I can help them get it. Yeah, it’s not much in the grand scheme of things, but I feel good knowing I’m helping fellow students out πŸ™‚

Today was my first day on the job and I think I will like it. Luckily the most vexing thing I had to tackle was the paper cutter (my lovely nice new coworkers laughed at me for not having the brute strength to slice a lot of paper at once, ha ha, let’s all laugh at the shrimpy girl…).

This morning when I clocked in for the first time all I could think of when I swiped my (new and improved!) student badge was “Swipey means money… money means LE flap cat… Guinea pig… more PYO’s… VF spectrals… IVEP Secret Keeper…!” *drool drool* πŸ˜† But really, I got the job to help cover book money once class starts.

Or did I…? 8) Come on, extra hours and cheap textbooks!

Megan
      Participant

wolflodge100
        Participant

Congratulations on the new job! It’s a plus that you enjoy it too πŸ˜€

Congrats on the new job. Aw, I can remember when I got my first job.

Purplecat
          Participant

Congrats!! πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
            Participant

Great!!!! Congrats!!! My first job was a summer job at our local Public Library πŸ˜€

Maria
              Participant

Congrats! It’s great when you find a job you actually like.

Bob

here’s to new Windstones

Megan
                  Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

here’s to new Windstones

Oh yeah… 8) Haha, I think my mother suspects though. I should just tell our UPS guy to deliver all packages to the back deck, so I will find them first.

Megani-chan wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

here’s to new Windstones

Oh yeah… 8) Haha, I think my mother suspects though. I should just tell our UPS guy to deliver all packages to the back deck, so I will find them first.
                    Sneaky, Sneaky. πŸ˜†

BipolarBear
                    Participant

Congratulations!!! Working at a university is great. Your fellow employees are students that you can talk to, your boss understands that you have classes and homework to do, plus the pay is usually better than what you can find working at a fast food joint.

Good luck with your new job, I think you’ll love it.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                      Engaged to a Weasel

Brian
                      Participant

Congrats! πŸ™‚

Yay! Congrats! Libraries are soooo great… I hope you love working there. Tell us how long it takes before you’re using the paper cutter on inch thick stacks! πŸ˜‰

Patricia
                        Participant

Congratulations!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Skigod377
                          Participant

Congrats! That is a wonderful job! I have needed a book before and a person just like you made my week! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.