fbpx

New griffin!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

here he is finally!

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

That one looks different than any of the others I’ve seen. Very nicely done!

Click us to help us grow!

Heather
    Participant

I like the mottling on his dark brown feathers: it adds depth, which makes the piece stand out. The facial markings are great, and the dark tips on his paws and tail look lovely. The gold accents above the eye are a very nice touch. Well done! πŸ™‚

Maria
      Participant

You’ve got some stark contrasts in there. I lik the deisgn on his face.

I love the face. πŸ˜€

Stephanie
        Participant

I love the wings. They look really 3D, and like they’re moving with how the barring doesn’t match up.

Azurielle
          Participant

He reminds me of an eagle, for some reason. Very nice.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Jodi
            Participant

Very pretty! I like the gold accents above the eye, and the barring on the wings. Something about the lion part of the body looks a little blotchy though. But it’s still very nice.

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Oh, he’s gorgeous! I like the darker colors πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Mmloda
                Participant

He looks great..I really like him… πŸ˜€

Marzena

Thanks everyone for taking a peek at him!
                  For the wings I had to look at some photographs of owls that I had taken a while ago and I could notice that when their wings were spread out the bars on the wings seemed to match up, but when the wings were together like the griffins, they didn’t match up that perfectly. So that’s where I got that from.
                  As for the look on the body I was using photos of lions and mountain lions to get a good idea of what kind of color I wanted. Some of the mountain lion pictures had almost like a dark red tint to them…I put that together with the paler look of the African lion and that’s what I came up with. It gives it sort of a rough look…I like the way it turned out.

Now that this one is done I can finally start on my other one! He’s been waiting patiently.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.