fbpx

New Griffie: black billed magpie (Better Pictures!)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone New Griffie: black billed magpie (Better Pictures!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

I’ve had a magpie griff on my want-to-do list from the very start, and here he is. He might look better in a different eye color…but hopefully the green doesn’t clash too much. There are a few interference green highlights to bring out his eyes. There’s also a lot of interference blue on his black feathers, particularly on the wings. He was sealed in a satin finish, but his beak and talons are glossed. I like bold black and white patterns – there’s a black and white kingfisher that I’d also like to try, but that one is more complex and a lot scarier! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
      Participant

-J R R Tolkien

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

O.o Ooooooooooo Very nice! I really like how different he is compared to some of the stuff we’ve seen already!

Very nice. I definately like the magpie colors, but I don’t like it’s voice. Very noisy bird.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

He’s wicked cool! I wanted to do more PYOs with bold black/white patterns like this but I’ll have to wait for my own.

Was the kingfisher you liked a Pied Kingfisher? I love pied kingfishers.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

ladybrooklyn
            Participant

Oooh I like Helen! VERY nice! I love contrasty critters! ๐Ÿ˜€

And I like the Green eyes with the pattern… NOTHING clashes with B&W ^.^

Participant

I really like this one. I noticed what looked like a little interference paint on the back of the wing on the black. Very nice.

Ooh! He’s very pretty! I’d love to see him in person, he looks like he would be very shiny! The green eyes look good, though they would have looked cool with blue too. Awsome idea! I wish I could afford more gryphons and try out all kinds of diffrent bird colorations.

Arlla
                Participant

Nambroth wrote:

He’s wicked cool! I wanted to do more PYOs with bold black/white patterns like this but I’ll have to wait for my own.

Was the kingfisher you liked a Pied Kingfisher? I love pied kingfishers.

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚
                  Yes, I was thinking of the pied kingfisher! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Good call!! It’s a pretty intimidating pattern, though…

-J R R Tolkien

Maria
                  Participant

That’s a really neat coloring, Arlla. I like him, though I think blue eyes might have shown up better; made him look alive. Of course magpies don’t have either blue or green eyes, but still. Can’t wait to see your kingfisher griff!

Arlla
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

That’s a really neat coloring, Arlla. I like him, though I think blue eyes might have shown up better; made him look alive. Of course magpies don’t have either blue or green eyes, but still. Can’t wait to see your kingfisher griff!

And the blue interference on his wings would have made blue eyes look a lot nicer, too. But oh well!

-J R R Tolkien

Skigod377
                      Participant

The interference paint is a stroke of genious! Lovely.

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Oh Arlla! HE’S AWESOME!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

ambitious, i like! ๐Ÿ˜€

Gale
                          Participant

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. I love the way you kept the balance on the black and white through the whole thing (if that makes any sense). And the green eyes are just fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.