New Copper Patina Griffiness

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone New Copper Patina Griffiness

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    windstonefan
    Participant

If anyone has the time please go to my album and look at this Griffiness. I want to see if anyone notices anything about her. Like does she seam to change colors with the background. I never moved her from that spot till I put her back on the cabinet top. This is the same spot different backgrounds. http://www.photoshop.com/users/windstonefan/albums

windstonefan

Pam

the red background is probably reflecting red light onto the griffin, while the blue background is reflecting blue light. This will cause her to look different on either background. This is also the reason why Windstone never uses colored backgrounds in our product photos. We only use neutral colors, like black and grey.

Your camera could also be auto correcting differently for the different pictures, causing the griffin to photograph with slightly different colors based on the background. I know that with my own camera, if it sees mostly yellow, it will sometimes auto-correct towards bluer tones and vica versa.

Additionally, the human eye will perceive a color differently based on the background, even if the color of the main object never actually changes.

Amy
        Participant

What Pam said. lol

windstonefan
          Participant

Ha, you are right both of you. But all of the colors don’t do this in all the Windstones just some. I really like this in these CP’S so if you like one color showing up more than another—-Ha just change the background!

Sorry I did not get back to this right away I was sick.

windstonefan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.