fbpx

Need help showing support for our Freedoms

Home Forums Miscellany Community Need help showing support for our Freedoms

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Dear friends and Windstone family,
    I don’t usually send out chain letters or things to sign. This time I am moved to act. A court decision in California may have very bad long term effects on homeschooling. I know that many of you don’t homeschool but I believe we could all agree that it is a right that we should keep. It is part of our freedom as Americans to be able to choose how we educate our children. Please sign this petition to stop the publishing of this court’s decision. This is an extremely reputable organization that we have supported for years. It only takes a minute and may effect the future course of homeschooling. Also please send this on to your friends to sign as we need a strong showing of support for protecting our right to freedom.
    Thank you so much.

Marji Nicewander:)

http://www.hslda.org/

Maria
    Participant

Oh, you got it too! We can’t really sign it from over here because we don’t have a U.S. address. Though I might just put in a relative’s and sign anyway, since they’re all signing too.

Leigha
      Participant

signed!

BipolarBear
        Participant

I signed. I’m not a big fan of homeschooling but it should be a right to choose how you want your kids educated. Also think about kids in areas where the public schools are dangerous. I’ve seen schools in downtown LA that have higher fences and more razorwire than a minimum security prison. They had bars on the fifth floor windows!

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
          Engaged to a Weasel

Thank you all so much. It is all about our Freedoms being taken away. Your right Bi Polar Bear, Homeschooling is not always the right choice for everyone but it is so important that we at least have a choice! πŸ™‚
          We have done a little bit of both and our kids much prefer the homeschool πŸ˜†

Seudig**Bedelia*Purple*White*Silver* D Green

Adaneth
          Participant

I signed it, and I’ll pass it along to my family who live in CA (my sister-in-law wants to homeschool).

Thanks for posting about this!

darjeb
            Participant

OK

Lupin
              Participant

I’m Canadian so I don’t think I can sign, but even with our theoretical good schools I’ve even looked into Homeschooling for Khym. He’s most likely going to go to a French Catholic school, but that doesn’t mean I would like to have my Options taken away. I would put him in a private school if I could find an appropriate one. But there’s none that I can find here. and I don’t want to ship him out!! and the French Catholic schools are the closest I can find, however if he wants to and the offer/accept him and he wants to go to the actually Riding school in France, I’ll happily ship him out, and then whine about only seeing him during long holidays!!! πŸ™ But it’s something I had always wanted to do, so if opportunity knocks for him why am I gonna stifle him? We also still have a few more years before we have to get him into school so we will still be Mulling our options over. May still home school between My Mom, grandmother and I he should get some learning done. (my grandmother has actually been a teacher, among many other things)

When we first started Homeschooling our kids were 16, 13, 7 and 6. I was terrified 😯 but determined to give it a try. πŸ˜† With all the curriculum choices out there and support from other Homeschoolers it turned out to be so much easier than I thought. πŸ˜€

We have our third graduation this Spring, than she’s off to college too πŸ˜₯ πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.