Need help please/commisions for my daugther

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Need help please/commisions for my daugther

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

We had to put my twelve year old daugther’s cat down last night and she’s heartbroken. This was her best friend and she loved Phoenix dearly. The cat was definatley her cat and would follow her around where ever she went and slept with only Ashley at night. I’ve never seen a relationship like this with a cat.
      Ashley is introverted and this cat was everything to her and now she’s gone. The treatment for the cat was over and beyond what I could afford and I had to actually tell Ash that I couldn’t fix her cat. I feel like the worst mother ever.
      I was ready to sell everything I had but because it was emergency the vet wouldn’t give me time to think. Now I can’t take it back. The cat is gone.

So… I’m asking for any and all artists and even non-artists to create a rememberance for Ashley. It can be digital, pen, pencil, sculpture. Anything really. Nothing is too small.

You can pm me with your prices and I will see what I can do. Hoping for a quick turn around though.

I would love as many commissioners as will decide to do it. It doens’t even have to be professional. It’s really the thought that counts and I’d love to be able to shower Ash with memorials.

Phoenix was a calico manx with bright yellow eyes. She had no tail. Her eyes were always looking at you like she could see right through you. We rescued her when she was three weeks old and Ash bottle fed her and cleaned her up after feedings. Because her tail was so short, she was always a mess at her back end, but Ash did’t ever mind cleaning her.
      Anyhow, this is Phoenix:
      [IMG]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/gsagain/i_am____scourge__by_wafflekitty3888-d41ybkk.png[/IMG]

dragonmedley
      Participant

If we had a PYO kitty, I would paint one in her image.

Now, you are NOT a bad mother for not being able to save the cat. Death is part of life, and even if you had dished out the money, it doesn’t mean she would have lived that much longer. It’s all part of having a pet – sometimes, life makes the decision for you, sometimes you have to make it.

Give your daughter time. If this cat was so good for her, then do get her another one, just a very different looking one, unless she insists on another calico.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Riversgrace
        Participant

I don’t have a kitty to paint, but I am great with pastels (which are like colored charcoals)…I do NOT want any money, but I will do this today and get it in the mail to you. Can you PM me your address?

And no you are not a bad mother dear. The circle of life is something everyone must accept no matter what age. Sometimes we have the best friends in our pets, and we give our whole hearts to them. But that day will always come when they must go, for without any leaving there would be no room for new love in our hearts. Time will heal your daughter’s heart, and so will her Momma’s love.

Andrea
          Participant

Sent my addy. Thank you so much!

I am totally willing to pay for these comissions, so don’t hesitate to contact me. This is really important to me as I hope to make up for the fact I couldn’t save her cat.
            Any media is OK and appreciated.

siberakh1
            Participant

I’ll see what I can come up with once I have my plate of pyos cleared up (by Turkey Day). Do you have side photos of Phoenix? No money necessary.

Andrea
              Participant

Thanks so much! I’ll look around for other pictures. I’ll have to get on her computer and see what I can find.
                I thought she had a video somewhere on Youtube. She trained the cat to walk up a ladder and fetch. The cat would do anything for Ash. Acted more like a dog.

Grayfire_artz
                Participant

sent a pm

Misty
                  Participant

Sent ya a PM >.<

Andrea
                    Participant

Shoot. Try this:
                      Photobucket

Here’s one that kind of shows her side. The black and orange kinda were stripes and with the orange tabby markings made her really striking.

Ying Yang

Riversgrace
                      Participant

I did this…is there anything I should add anyone? PM me before tomorrow as I will be spraying finish on it. Not sure if i should put the kitty’s name on it or anything????

Grayfire_artz
                        Participant

I did this…is there anything I should add anyone? PM me before tomorrow as I will be spraying finish on it. Not sure if i should put the kitty’s name on it or anything????

that is really sweet!

Heather
                          Participant

Photobucket

Here is a rough sketch of Phoenix using Microsoft Paint and my mouse… I know it isn’t much but it’s my small contribution.
                            ~Heather

fairyhearted
                            Participant

Hi I have a plaster sleeping cat I made in plastics class that is spray painted white and ready to be painted over. I fear I’m not a good enough artist but would be happy to send it to someone who’s good at making it resemble her cat. Anyone up to the job please pm me

Andrea
                              Participant

You guyes are so nice! Thank you so much! The drawing is perfect! I know she’ll love it!
                                Anyone who needs my address, let me know PM.
                                Thanks again!

lamortefille
                                Participant

Photobucket

Just a little something for Ashley…:)

My heart goes out to you both. *hugs*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.