Need Advise to Fix Emerald Peacock Mother's Eye Rim

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Need Advise to Fix Emerald Peacock Mother's Eye Rim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Hey Everyone —
      I received a Mother dragon with some slight damage to her left eye area at the edge of the rim. You can tell that the gypsum has been crushed enough to fracture, but not enough to chip off any paint – yet. It’s in a very delicate state, where any pressure may cause complete flaking or chipping of the paint and gypsum.

Would it hold together if I lightly brushed white glue on the area, wiped any excess, and let it dry. Then brush some sealant over it when completely dry?

If not, any suggestions?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

You might be able to do that, but it will still appear crushed. If you try to put it back into place it will more then likely crumble. The paint is probably acting as a fragile bubble holding the crushed gypsum by the sound of it. It’s your call, the glue may work, but it will never be quite right again.

The best thing to do is to just rip it out and replace/resculpt the area and repaint it. That’s the much harder way of course, but you’ll get a stronger, better repair.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Thanks for the advise!
          Since I’ve never tried doing a repair and/or a repaint, I’m getting an older dragon with some issues to practise on.

Here’s a photo of the area at the lower eye rim. It doesn’t look like much and It’s not really too serious. it’s enough to be noticeable to me, maybe I’m picky. I just don’t want to make it any worst.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

I’ve got another question regarding the eyes for my Emerald Peacock Mom …
            She has her blue eye intact, the one with the rim area issue, but her other eye is missing – I bought her this way from eBay, and I thought I could try and fix her up, it seems like an easy fix. The eye socket for the missing eye is in perfect shape – just has some residue glue.

Susie was kind enough to send me not one, but two replacement blue eyes, in case the replacement eye didn’t quite match the good intact eye.

If I do feel like replacing the intact eye, is there a good way to safely remove the existing eye, and what about the empty socket I’m putting the new eye into – suggestions on removing the residue glue?

Thanks!

I find that running eye socket under warm water loosens up the eyes as long as they were put in with white glue like the factory uses I then gently work just the glass eye very carefully with a fine toothpick until eye releases. Be careful not to damage eye socket further. The glue residue releases the same way. Warm water to soften it up.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

I find that running eye socket under warm water loosens up the eyes as long as they were put in with white glue like the factory uses I then gently work just the glass eye very carefully with a fine toothpick until eye releases. Be careful not to damage eye socket further. The glue residue releases the same way. Warm water to soften it up.

Thanks! I’ll try it. I’m sure my Mother is from the factory, so I should be good. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.