Need Advice

Home Forums Miscellany Community Need Advice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    windstonefan
    Participant

I need some advice on dealing with people that you bought from what you thought was a mint piece from them. (full price paid) An it came chipped up.(not as described) Now I paid as a gift for this Dragon and it was over 2 months ago.( No offer to refund) This person offered to sell me a mint piece instead that I wanted to make up for the damaged piece that they sold me.

Said they sent it out. And said they set it out again. Then they said they were sick and could not write or answer there phone. But were sening him out the next day, Lucky I never paid for him yet– because he never came.

Then I sold some Dragons here over a month ago. The highest bider on one of them was this person. She won her. Then she said she would actually send me the dragon that she was supposed to send me. Okay so I took 130.00 off the price I sold her the dragon for and she payed me as a payment owed. I should never have done that!

I sent her out the Dragon and she got him in 4 days time. It has now been a total of over 2 months and —-do you think she ever sent me that dragon? You bet not. This person has screwed so many people and yet I never was one to just believe gossip.

She then bought another piece off of me on eBay. I sent that out after she paid . In that Pay Pal payment there was a note from her saying that she was going to finally send my paid for dragon out. You guess it. No dragon again. Been 2 weeks now again. Did I mention that I thought this person was my friend?

I have sold her more things than anyone here. An below cost on allot of them as I though she was my friend. I just want to warn others that people you think are your friends sometime are just using you to further there collections. When they are done using you or you are of no further use to them they are gone as fast as they were there acting like they were helping you out. All that really happened was they helped themselves to your collection at better prices than they would have gotten off eBay.

If you can afford to sell on eBay my advice is to do that. My learning experiance is that this is the safer way to go. Or at least send a bill to the person. A gift I found is a dangers way to go.

There are exceptions always my exception are as follows–Wampus,Wolfenmachine,skylover,moonshadow,Dragonhoarder, Kyrin and Dragon61 I know there are some that I missed here. An if anyone has some good advice for me please–do tell. Will I never learn ?

windstonefan

Bodine
      Participant

Bless your heart.I do know the feeling.I just ate the loss myself and I do know it is hard to do but I didn’t let it stop me from being me and know that things will come back to bite them on the butt….but just like you said,I’m now a lot more cautious.I hope the person that did this to you will come around step up and do the right thing.Friendship IS more important than any collection to some of us.You are a sweetheart and you certainly do NOT deserve this.Good luck. 😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Kiya
        Participant

I’m really sorry to hear that. 🙁 I know we’ve only done a few transactions, but you’ve always been great to deal with and so nice and it’s terrible that this would happen. It’s terrible to be afraid to deal with others on the forum.

Setsunawolf
          Participant

You’ve only been good to deal w/ me when I’ve dealt w/ you. This person should be ashamed of themselves. *hugs*

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

windstonefan
            Participant

Thank you all for your comments. I truely want to think the best of people. Always. But seems like I never learn. Again can’t teach a old dog new tricks!

Even with things I post on craigs list. I wanted help getting trees cut down and trimmed at my home–to shut a neighbor up. I hired two young guys one had a sob story I am a sucker for that. They trimmed 2 trees and I paid them 150.00 for 3 hours work an this 2 tree job– job wasn’t completed. All trimming are all over the place.

They were to come back this morning to finish up. Then do 3 more trees for me. For a whole other price. They are 5 hours late right now. Guess who it outside wrapping and pulling all the pieces with her lawn tractor and then with my chain saw cutting up the larger pieces after I haul them to a pile? I am beet red. I am taking a break right now. Just shoot me now. I am already bushed. Well not as young as I used to be.

Going back out to clear all this only have 1-3rd done. Lots yet to do.

windstonefan

Lupuslunae
              Participant

That’s really sad to hear, Windstonefan. It sucks when these threads pop up, but it sucks even more when it happens to someone who’s nothing but sweet and kind to everyone in our little obsessive collection community.

As for advice, I’ve not been here for that long compared to others, but I’ve got a list of rules I obey at all cost. If something seems off or weird, just don’t do the transaction; I turned down a nice trade because of this, but it’s just not worth the grief to have to worry over a problem transaction.

I never use the gift option on paypal; I’ve only had one person complain about this, and so I sent a few extra bucks to cover the charge paypal takes out of the transaction. What’s an extra 5 or 10 bucks if you feel safer with your transaction?

I always check the feedback lists and follow its recommendations no matter how I might otherwise perceive a forum member. If someone was really interested in being a member of this online community and had previously had transaction issues for whatever reason that resulted in being put on the negative list, wouldn’t a sincere person do everything in his/her power to remedy the problems and make good with previous trading partners before engaging in more transactions?

Also, you’ve been here so long, you have nothing but positive karma, so when trading with a newb or someone you’re not certain of, ask them to send their part of the trade first. You’ve been here since 2008, that’s proven trustworthiness, so let the burden of trust fall on others now.

Pretty basic, but I’ve never had a problem on the forum yet (ebay is a whole other story, ack!). I hope against the odds your transaction turns out good and complete to the satisfaction of all involved, but if not, don’t let crappy people get you down!
                …on a creepier but totally true note that fraudelent people should REALLY consider before scamming others, if you sent a bogus trader/buyer an item, you soooo have their address. Nothing soothes the ruffled fur of outrage like a suprise roadtrip! :bigsmile:

windstonefan
                Participant

Belive me Lumpus I have thought of doing just that. Taking a road trip with my fellow forum member and true friend moonshadow –picking her up on the way there.– An surprise. Actually always wanted to go south wheere it is nice and sunny. Way up in the nothern USA most from here (Michigan) vacation there. Seriously I have never been further down than Indiana once or to the east Penneslyania. Spelled that wrong! So it would be a nice little trip for me.

I have been a collector for about 13 years now. A member not as long but there are allot of good and kind people here and for this I feel blessed with friends from all over the USA and Canada. Thank you all expecially the ones that emailed me here with kind words. This is what the community is all about.

Sorry for not getting back till now. I have spent the entire day cleaning up the tree limbs and more. Still haven’t ate a thing all day. But Dear friends

Again I say thanks to you all. windstonefan/Evelyn/poodlesforyou!

windstonefan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.