fbpx

Napa Earthquake, who felt that one?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Napa Earthquake, who felt that one?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lupuslunae
    Participant

Wowwie, that was bigger than the Oakland quake we had when I was a kid! But I am only about 20 miles from Napa and twice the distance to Oakland. Any forum people in the area, did you wake up to the house swaying? And is everyone ok? 6+ is nothing to sneeze at.
      It woke me up from a dead sleep and I was very confused why all the lanterns on my ceiling were swinging about. My mother yelled and told me to get the cats out of her room…because my cats are so naughty they can make the earth shake? Nothing off the walls though, not even a book off my bookshelves. And all the Windstones cozy in their display cases. I am double checking that all tall furniture is anchored though, and had to walk around the foundation and check for cracks, but everything’s okay. Cats were pissed though!

fatalbeauty
      Participant

didn’t feel anything down here in Southern California….felt the Oakland ones back in the day down here though, that one had quite the aftershocks….

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

rock-reader
        Participant

I am also in southern California. I was awake at 3:30 but I felt nothing. Does anyone know which
          fault slipped?

siberakh1
          Participant

Glad to hear you are all safe. The fault that slipped was the West Napa Fault. It looks like there was also just an earthquake in Peru estimated at about a 7.0. The eastern side of the ‘Ring of Fire’ is active today.

Heather
            Participant

We didn’t feel anything over here, an hour north of Sacramento. It’s entirely possible that all the roosters went off at once; they’ve been on a hair trigger lately. But, sadly, if they did, we slept right through that as well! Poor boys; you crow so much, nobody takes you seriously any more …. :p

LadyFirebird
              Participant

I’m in San Jose–down in the South Bay, but I didn’t feel anything. I have two of my birds in my bedroom and woke up to them flapping about. I got up and noticed that the birds in the other rooms were flapping as well. I calmed everyone down and went back to bed. My neighbor called me and asked if I felt anything because she did–she lives next door. So I didn’t feel anything, but the area did shake. Did not see any damage or anything like that.

Melissa
                Participant

Yup. I’m in the East Bay. Woke me and my pup up, knocked over three Breyer models, and we had to check the propane. (which was safe) No harm done though.

It’s kind of funny though. I’m fine with Earthquakes and accept wildfires as an inevitable risk. But hurricanes, tornadoes and blizzards give me some serious shivers. I’ve heard from folks back East, that they’re fine with hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards etc, but if the ground starts shaking, no way! I guess we’re all used to our own disasters.

Copper83
                  Participant

I have a friend at work whose parents came to visit her (she’s dealing with cancer). About six hours after they got here the earthquake hit. Her brother was still in Napa. He said their home is a total loss. Her parents are 89 and have nothing to go home to. 🙁

Kim
                    Blocked

Oh no! Do her parents have house insurance or can they stay with her?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

siberakh1
                      Participant

Blizzards are easy. Generally, stay warm, keep a stocked cupboard of at least the basics, and a shovel and something like a snow rake to clear the roof (if it’s a major snowfall, you may have to clear the roof at least once during the middle of the storm) and if you don’t have to drive, stay home. You also usually get a warning in advance about them too. I love going out sledding in blizzards! It’s always so quiet and lovely (I live in a village, not out in the middle of nowhere with no lights)!

Copper83
                        Participant

Oh no! Do her parents have house insurance or can they stay with her?

I didn’t ask about insurance, but they will be staying here for awhile at least.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.