fbpx

Mysterious Dragon-like creature washes ashore in Spain!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Mysterious Dragon-like creature washes ashore in Spain!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Skeeterdeee
    Participant

I thought this was really neat! A strange dead fish of some sort washed up on a beach in Spain! It looks like it’s got big horns on it’s head!

Dragon corpse washes ashore in Spain

Chloe
      Participant

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. I wish there were more photos….

Skigod377
        Participant

Oh that is frickin flippy O.O

Zelda
          Participant

Looks like a big rotting fish corpse to me! Seagulls probably picked off the skin and scales, taking all of the yummy fat with it. The pharyngeal arches look like they’ve flipped up and out of position to form the ‘horns’ on the head, likely a result of this critter drying out in the hot sun.

Bet it smells lovely, hah!

BTW there was another ‘floating sea monster corpse’ story that cropped up recently. That one was a dead whale.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Sirithiliel
            Participant

More than four meters in length, the only fish that could be is an Oar Fish I guess? Just in a advanced state of decomposition?

Victoria
              Participant

I found another article that stated it was a shark, with, as Zelda said, some parts flipped around to not quite where they should be. Pretty neat, all the same!

Sirithiliel
                Participant

wonder what part of the shark the ‘horns’ are haha

Skeeterdeee
                  Participant

I saw a new article about it on Yahoo News this morning, now I can’t find that article again!! Definitely a reeeeealy decomposed shark, so decomposed that the species hasn’t been determined. Still neat to think of Dragons swimming around in the parts of the oceans that we can’t see. 🙂

Victoria
                    Participant

Sirithiliel, I think it’s an internal part that has to connect some of the fins, or something like that? lol, definitely hard to visualize it properly with that much decomposition and ‘rearranging’!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.