fbpx

My Vacation! Speedwell Forge Wolf Sanctuary **PIC HEAVY**

Home Forums Miscellany Community My Vacation! Speedwell Forge Wolf Sanctuary **PIC HEAVY**

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Skeeterdeee
    Participant

We took a little mini vacation this weekend and I thought you guys might enjoy some pictures! We planned a weekend of fun and shopping in the lovely Lancaster, Pennsylvania area (which is only a couple hours drive from here). When I was surfing the net looking for places to go and stay I came across the coolest thing: a wolf sanctuary!! So as I was looking at their calender I noticed that they were having a festival to celebrate Wolf Awareness Week on the days we were going to be there. How perfect was that!
      Speedwell Forge Wolf Sanctuary is a 25 acre forge that takes in wolves and wolf-dogs that people tried to keep as pets (which is not legal in this state). They currently have 40 wolves separated into packs that roam the grounds. (And I wish I knew this at the time, but they have a bed and breakfast there where you can listen to the wolves howl all night!!) I got some photos of our walk through the packs. Why are all the wolves gathered up to the fence instead of roaming their grounds, you ask….well, there are 5 gallon buckets of meat at the edge of the fence to encourage them to visit us!
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      INCOMING!

Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      This one is Thor, he was my favorite! The poor old guy is blind.
      Photobucket

This is a pic of my hubby to show how close we could get to all these beauties!
      Photobucket

Falcolf
      Participant

They are so beautiful! I love Thor, he has that “I’m so old and adorable” look about him that some geriatric animals have. <3 Also, what a cool place! If I ever go to Pensylvania I am so staying there!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Adaneth
        Participant

Thanks for sharing! I’m going to have to keep this in mind for the next time I’m out east. Very cool. ๐Ÿ™‚

Scathach
          Participant

Awesome pictures. What a great place to visit. Thanks for sharing.

Life is beautiful.

dragonmedley
            Participant

That picture of Thor is priceless!

Beautiful place, awesome pics ๐Ÿ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Great mini vacay! Since these beauties were once kept as pets do they still get some interactive playtime with people? Thanks for the photos – I bet your boyohs had a blast!

twindragonsmum

tdm

wolflodge100
                Participant

How cool! The black one with the grey face looks like my Tisha! ๐Ÿ™‚

littleironhorse
                  Participant

They look to be well cared for. Nice mini-vacation spot! ๐Ÿ™‚

Riversgrace
                    Participant

I am a licensed hospice care giver for wolf dogs 50% or higher. I loved it! We would take old boys like Thor in and make them comfortable till their last days. Bijou was a coydog and Lobo was a wolfdog. We loved them both very much even though we only had Bijou for 11 months and Lobo for 6… Hope you had fun visiting!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.