fbpx

My Therian Tattoo

Home Forums Miscellany Community My Therian Tattoo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I finally formulated the design to the tea of what I wanted, and scrounged up the funds, and brought my tat to life! It means a lot to me, spiritually, and the artist did a very good job rereating my work in his own personal oil-painterly “soft” stylization you don’t commonly see in tats (which usually seem heavily outlined). Some of my detail had to be simplified down anyway since you can’t squeeze that much detail onto the skin and have it look cool in 5 years. I trusted him, and it looks great.

Here’s the concept art: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/791005/
    And here’s the final Tat (though my camera sucks): http://www.furaffinity.net/view/795645/

This is placed on my right upper arm.
    I will have him touch it up again in a few weeks after healing because I want the red tail hawk feather adjusted…since it MUST appear true to the species like I drew it and have the white tip. Other than that I think this is a smashing job.

Wow! Awesome tat! He did a really good job. I really like the drawing. Glad it came out well.

Skigod377
    Participant

Congrats! Thats great!

laphon1
      Participant

That’s beautiful.

siberakh1
        Participant

Fantastic! I’m glad you could finally get your tat after everything that has happened! Very nice! πŸ˜€ I hope the health is going well too!

That is a really nice tat. My bf just got a new one. It is a demon with a 3rd eye and I think the artist did a good job and I don’t even like demons. I think I will get my first one done in a couple of weeks.

Wow, that’s awesome! I plan on getting a few more tats myself… though I already have 13… πŸ˜†

Wow, that’s a lotta tats! I’ve actually designed a lot of tats for others on commission, but only one person ever got one done, lol. It took me about 5 different drawings before I settled on this one for myself…I can’t imagine the work in choosing 13 tats and 13 locations, and 13 artists! Yikes!

Laurie
          Participant

I wish I had a good artist in my area. I want to get a dragon tattoo on my back sooooo bad but I can’t find any tattoo artists that I like. I guess its all good and well that I haven’t found one yet since I have a new idea for my dragon tattoo that will have a phoenix with it (to represent my husband).

lamortefille
            Participant

Nice ink, Water…the artist did a great job. πŸ˜€ Congrats on realizing one of your dreams.

I hope you won’t be too upset if the feather doesn’t end up with a white tip. Putting white over a color will probably lighten it some, but I don’t think it will ever be pure white.

Well, if that is the case, then I may ask him if he can stripe the feather and turn it into an immiture hawk variation. We’ll see.

wolflodge100
              Participant

Beautiful art! πŸ˜€

siberakh1
                Participant

Ohhh, I want some ink (been working on a design for quite some time), but I need three things to happen:

1) Make sure I’m not allergic to the ink
                  2) Be done with getting to Japan and back (it is a major taboo over there still and I don’t want to have to deal with that while teaching there).

Yet another thing on the to do list πŸ™„

Maria
                  Participant

Nicely done, Water.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.