fbpx

My Ruby OW made it – and a question for those who repair

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone My Ruby OW made it – and a question for those who repair

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Poor guy…he’s got alot of rubbing damage. Let us know how the repairs go. πŸ™‚

Those paint pens are miracle workers. He looks like a brand new dragon, minus the few small scrapes on his ruby paint.

The first pic above was that ugly hind foot. Check it out now!

Thanks so much for all the advice. I’d never have figured this out on my own. What a wonderful community.

wolflodge100
      Participant

Looks good as new! πŸ˜€

lamortefille
        Participant

Looks great!

Bob

where can one get paint pens? I might try a PYO if I could get them but I also need to know how to seal them
            I have no supplies at all here

I got these at AC Moore, but Michaels also carriers them. The Deco Art website has a dealer listing to find a place near you. They should be near the paint section in any craft store if they have them.

Here’s a pic of the two side by side. I bought both the wide tip and the small one which would be good for hard to reach spots or very detailed work.

The claws and touchups are unsealed at the moment. I wasn’t impressed with the selection of sealants they had in-store so I’m browsing online for a few good ones.

Stephanie
            Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

where can one get paint pens? I might try a PYO if I could get them but I also need to know how to seal them
              I have no supplies at all here

I seal mine the easy way… Krylon clear coat spray or krylon matte finish. πŸ™‚

pipsxlch
              Participant

I read somewhere on here a long time ago that a red nailpolish they had was a perfect match for someone’s dinged ruby something. Sorry that sounds so blonde (hides hair), I didn’t pay it much mind at the time since I don’t own any rubies.

Maria
                Participant

I’m glad the OW made it, and that the damage was easily repairable. Congrats again, Kachina. πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                  Participant

Yeah, congrats! The red paint it automotive paint, so I doubt they would be able to send you any (could be wrong) but it looks like you have it touched up very nice. πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.