fbpx

My Nursery…in progress, IMAGE HEAVY! Updated 12-19!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community My Nursery…in progress, IMAGE HEAVY! Updated 12-19!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Okay, I figured I would start a seperate thread for my nursery, that way I can keep updating it as i go along. It’s a huge mess right now….like a super mess. I wish I had thought to take a set of picture before we moved anything, but this will have to do for now! lol!

This is how is looks today (9-5-08) I told you it was a disaster area!!

This is the “game plan”, The dressers I already have, they just need to be moved from our bedroom and converted to baby usage, the big one is cool, on the side opposite the cabinet is a set of bookshelves, and the cabinet itself has 3 shelves inside. The smaller one is more of a lingerie chest, but it will be perfect for little baby things like onsies and burpy clothes and socks, lots of tiny socks!! (I love socks, lol) My desk has to stay in there, we simply don’t have enough room. I can’t paint the walls because we rent and I’m not allowed, but I am going to put up a (removable) border that will match the crib set (we have almost decided on which one we want, it’s a jungle theme, with lots of soft earthy colors, and adorable animals. I will probably also paint some canvases with the animals from the set and hang those up too. All of the nursery furniture (including my desk luckily) is a pale natural maple color, very light. The big dresser that is in the room now will become my bedroom dresser, it’s currently full of craft stuff that I need to make a home for, and hubby’s extra computer cables and such. The carpet is beige, and is getting steamed (I have a steamer) before the furniture goes in. We are probably going to get the crib in October. I wish I can do more right now, but as you can see in the next photo, my belly is too big for me to safely move stuff without the hubby, so it’s slow going! For the record, I would kill to be able to do a mural like Eagle’s, but I will have to settle for canvas for now. What do you guys think?Any advice??

This was today 9-13, we got a little farther!

Almost there, getting better, this was tonite 9-29

Jasmine
    Participant

Sounds like a good plan to me. I love the pic of you and the cat…he’s wondering what the heck is in there… πŸ˜†

Katherine
      Participant

Oh wow! I love your idea/theme for the room! For the record…I would kill for a dresser like the one you have, because we don’t have a dresser yet! πŸ˜€

I want the paint rack thingy!

Looks like a great room.

Kyrin

Bump, for the update!

This is a closer look at the baby’s dresser, without the baskets, I still have to get them!

Karli needs that! When are you shipping it here??

LOL! Seriously though, that looks like a great bureau…should serve you well for some time.

Kyrin

Katherine
        Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Karli needs that! When are you shipping it here??

LOL! Seriously though, that looks like a great bureau…should serve you well for some time.

Kyrin

Looks nice DragonMistress! Chloe needs one as well! πŸ˜†

Lokie
          Participant

It looks like a lot of fun to design the baby’s room. I like your theme. There can never be enough adorable animals πŸ˜› Besides the canvases and border, a tapestry is an additional option for covering the walls and giving more color. I’m sure it’s going to be one beautiful room once done πŸ™‚

Lol, thanks Eagle and Kyrin, the dresser is actually supposed to be an entertainment center, the shelf in the middle is adjustable, the door to the left is a cabinet with 4 shelves, and the other end is a bookcase with 4 shelves. I got it at Big Lots, lol.
            these are of the bedding we picked out, the quilt actually has a rod pocket in the back to use as a wall hanging, so I think we’re gonna do that. And the border is removable, so we can put that up too.

(this is not my picture, I found it online.)

Lokie wrote:

It looks like a lot of fun to design the baby’s room. I like your theme. There can never be enough adorable animals πŸ˜› Besides the canvases and border, a tapestry is an additional option for covering the walls and giving more color. I’m sure it’s going to be one beautiful room once done πŸ™‚

It is alot of fun!!!!

dragonmedley
            Participant

Oh, I love the animal theme! This will be lovely.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Katherine
              Participant

That is so cute! πŸ˜€

BDW
                Participant

It’s going to look soooooo nice! πŸ˜€

lamortefille
                  Participant

That’s adorable: -)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.