fbpx

My local store seems confused

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone My local store seems confused

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I went to one of the two local stores that carry Windstones in my city today. I’m waiting on my mother wolf griffin and I was hoping maybe to see the colours in person (all the photos of the colours look drastically different- I was shocked at the colours of my crouching chick, although much pleasantly) to satiate me till she arrived. They had two square glass shelves stuffed to the brim to older Windstones, including Peacock Mother and Father dragons and the claw brochure holder, but no griffins.

The lady at the front actually turned out to be really fun to talk to, so I got the courage to ask if they had any griffins in the back. She seemed to be under the impression that they’re something you can only order direct from here (the website) and not sell retail. Also, unfortunately, they’re having trouble moving what they have since they’ve moved- they haven’t even ordered any EmPeas yet. I wish I can help them move some of their stuff through here, but I bet everyone here has a peacock Male and Mother dragon, or can get it much cheaper on eBay. : (The claw brochure holder is $35 if anyone is looking for one, though.)

I was kinda miffed. They seemed to have moved the store, which was a great store for collectibles, to a cruddy area of town when it comes to attracting people who want high-end stuff and they also seemed to be greatly misunderstanding what’s up here at the Windstone website. Maybe I can email one of the Windstone staff to have them call them and straighten the facts out? But then I worry nobody would buy. πŸ™ Stupid Columbia. This IS the same city in which in another store a Peacock O. Sun dragon sat for at least 5 years without anybody buying him.

Thoughts, advice, and general replies appreciated.

Maria
    Participant

Can’t you explain to her that you’re an avid collector, that you know perfectly well what Windstone is selling and how, and that she should just order some of the new stuff?
      Which other old pieces did she have, besides the peacocks?

siberakh1
      Participant

And what was the price on the peacocks?

Jennifer
        Keymaster

rockerbot wrote:

I went to one of the two local stores that carry Windstones in my city today. I’m waiting on my mother wolf griffin and I was hoping maybe to see the colours in person (all the photos of the colours look drastically different- I was shocked at the colours of my crouching chick, although much pleasantly) to satiate me till she arrived. They had two square glass shelves stuffed to the brim to older Windstones, including Peacock Mother and Father dragons and the claw brochure holder, but no griffins.

The lady at the front actually turned out to be really fun to talk to, so I got the courage to ask if they had any griffins in the back. She seemed to be under the impression that they’re something you can only order direct from here (the website) and not sell retail. Also, unfortunately, they’re having trouble moving what they have since they’ve moved- they haven’t even ordered any EmPeas yet. I wish I can help them move some of their stuff through here, but I bet everyone here has a peacock Male and Mother dragon, or can get it much cheaper on eBay. : (The claw brochure holder is $35 if anyone is looking for one, though.)

I was kinda miffed. They seemed to have moved the store, which was a great store for collectibles, to a cruddy area of town when it comes to attracting people who want high-end stuff and they also seemed to be greatly misunderstanding what’s up here at the Windstone website. Maybe I can email one of the Windstone staff to have them call them and straighten the facts out? But then I worry nobody would buy. πŸ™ Stupid Columbia. This IS the same city in which in another store a Peacock O. Sun dragon sat for at least 5 years without anybody buying him.

Thoughts, advice, and general replies appreciated.

Sure! I’d email or call Susie, susie AT windstoneeditions.com and tell her that there is a store (give her the name, phone and address if possible) that is confused about the Windstone store and thinks they cannot order the wolf griffins wholesale. I bet she’d be willing to give them a call and let them know that they are more than welcome to order them. πŸ™‚

This is just a guess, but they may have moved to a bad area of town because the rent is lower for their storefront. πŸ™ Most gift and artsy shops nationwide are hurting for sales right now.

Why not share their info here in the flea market? That has gotten a lot of shops some sales, when they have retired items! πŸ™‚ When I posted about one here in GA, the guy sold out of every retired piece he had!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Thanks Nam!

I’m going to call them and ask them if they do any sort of shipping. They got at least the main family in Gold, Peacock, Black Gold, and Ruby. And I remember a ruby scratcher quiet well. I really hope they can do some sort of shipping, I really don’t have the resources to act as an in-between (getting your folk’s money, buying items, and shipping them).

Trying to remember if they still have Rainbows. I know for certain they had rainbows before.

Oh well. I’ll call them and see if they ship and if they can give me a price list to post in the Flea Market. Wish me luck!

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Good luck!

Well, that idea deflated quickly.

They don’t do any sort of shipping. The conversation went straight down from there.

They ARE going to call Windstone, though, to get a new price list and all that good stuff.

If you ever end up passing through or visiting Columbia, Missouri, a trip off the main roads onto Paris Rd will take you to a store called Unique Gifts, which has collectibles including Windstones, pewter fantasy stuff, glass sculptures, and more. Sorry I don’t have the resources to be an an in-between buyer for you guys. My parents would kill me. 😳 I just don’t think they’d understand.

Hmm, I wonder if anyone else lives in Missouri.

Saydee does! She lives in St. Louis! πŸ˜€

siberakh1 wrote:

Do you know the answer to this? Also do you know the condition of them?

dragonessjade wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

Do you know the answer to this? Also do you know the condition of them?

Okay, here’s the Peacocks. They are all BRAND NEW, boxes, tags, mint condition, etc. I’ll be posting this to the Flea Market, too.

Male dragon: $125
            Mother dragon: $117.50
            Hatching: $41.25
            Fledgling: $68.75

Yep, I saw it. Thanks.

Susie
            Keymaster

I am mailing current information to Unique Gifts!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.