My little angel is about to cross the Rainbow Bridge

Home Forums Miscellany Community My little angel is about to cross the Rainbow Bridge

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Rusti
    Participant

I went to see my mother-in-law tonight to get away for a bit, and when I got home I automatically looked to her sleeping place and remembered she’s not there and burst into tears.

I did the equivalent of this the day after I had to send my GSD on ahead of me. I got into a wrestling match with my father and had to abort and burst into tears when I started to call Ende to chew on his knees and realized that wasn’t going to work anymore.

I am sorry you had to say good-bye to your baby, mourn her, and look forward to the next kitty and here’s to 18 years with that one too.

Falcolf
      Participant

I’m sorry for your loss, I recently lost my childhood cat about a year or two ago but I wasn’t able to be there beside him because I was across the province. I’m thankful for you and her that you were able to be there beside her while she was passing. I’m sure that was a great comfort to her.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Rachel
        Participant

I’m so sorry, tethra. My heart goes out to you.

Your post has tugged at my heartstrings and I can’t know exactly how you are feeling, but I want you to know how deeply sorry I am for you and your little furry love. She will always be with you in your heart.

When I had to make the sickening decision to do the same for my beloved Sebastian, I was miserable. We had such a close bond that it was the hardest thing I had to do. I had him cremated as well, and I have one of the All-Black closed eye Flapcats to guard his urn. It remains at my bedside, because in life, He was always there beside me…*cries*…I still cry every time I think about him. In have to take comfort in knowing he is in a better place…somewhere.

Tethra
          Participant

I finally brought my beautiful kitty home like I’d always promised her. Her ashes are in a lovely golden bag which was placed in a beautiful box with her photo in the lid (I love the photo. It’s almost like she is in the box looking out at us). I have also put her collars in the box and the beautiful poems that the cremation company sent us (those poems made me bawl my eyes out anew). I have taken her with me everywhere in the house because I miss her so much. She is on my bedside table when I sleep.

I tell you what, for such a small animal her presence filled up the house, which is now so empty without her. Her remains have been treated with respect and kindness which I am thankful for and which has brought me comfort. I bet she is up there across the Rainbow Bridge being a naughty tortie and creating all sorts of mischief! It will be a good day when I see my little girl again.

Here is her little box with the lavender the cremation company sent with her. It was a nice touch. The photo is a little blurry because I’m not a great photographer!

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Such a beautiful fur baby. I’m sorry she’s left you for awhile.

twindragonsmum

tdm

darjeb
              Participant

Having lost several pets that way my deepest sympathy goes out to you. A friend of mine had an elderly cat and he asked me how to tell when it is time to let go and I told him most of my pets have had a way of letting me know it was time to let them go.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.