fbpx

My granddaughter is sick…need support

Home Forums Miscellany Community My granddaughter is sick…need support

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Diana L
    Participant

My granddaughter has neuro blastoma, a type of childhood cancer that is pretty bad. It started out in 90% of her body and now, after chemo, is down to 5%. Tuesday she begins the final round of treatment for this with 96 hours straight (4days) of a strong chemo to kill off the remainder of cells in her body followed by a stem cell transplant 5 days later to rebuild said cells.

This is the dangerous part as it will either take or not and she will be really open to getting sick and will have NO immune system to fight things off. I’m scared to death for this little 8 year old who has fought so bravely through 6 regular chemo treatments and come so far.

I would ask any support you all could give me and her dad (divorced from mom) to help us get through this. I have oodles of people praying and such for Delaney but right now I need something for us as neither one of us can be there as this occurs. My son will be over there in a few weeks to do some time with his little girl, but my husband and I will have to be at home on the other side of the mountains. As a result I am a ball of nerves and crying. Any support you can give is deeply appreciated.

Thank you so much…Diana

Rachel
      Participant

I will keep you all in my thoughts. *hugs*

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Diana, I’m so sorry your family has to experience this, and not being able to go visit with your beautiful granddaughter and son must be a tough “row to hoe” as my gran’pa would say. If it wouldn’t be amiss with you or your family, I would like your permission to put Delaney and your family on the prayer roll at the Latter-day Saint Temple here is Idaho Falls. The prayer roll is reserved for people, friends, family who are having an especially difficult time in their lives. The names that are submitted are then sent to all the Latter-day Saint Temples worldwide. I know it has been a huge comfort for my family when this has been done for us. Please know that I do not want to offend you in anyway, which is why I’m asking for your permission before I just go and do something that you may not agree with. Please accept my love and comfort and hugs as well as tissues, chocolate and a shoulder to cry on when needed. I grieve with thee and hope to help share this burden with you if you will allow me too. All my best wishes

Beckie
          twindragonsmum

tdm

Kathleen
          Participant

I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. Everything will work out I am sure and I am sending you and your loved ones all my good thoughts and prayers. Big hugs for you all. ((hugs))

Tethra
            Participant

Oh, the poor thing! I wish her all the best for her treatment and I hope she beats this horrible cancer. She sounds like a brave little girl. I am sure all the love you are sending her helps very much. You and your husband definately have the support of my husband and I. Hang in there! *Hugs*

Diana L
              Participant

Beckie, pm’d you

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Diana, pm’d you back…

Beckie

tdm

Hannah
                  Participant

Ugh.. Diana, I’m so sorry to hear about this 🙁 I’ll be thinking good thoughts for your granddaughter to get through this with no complications. I’m not a religious person but I do believe in a higher being and I will be praying for your baby girl.

If you ever need to talk, I’m here!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Katherine
                    Participant

Oh my..poor little girl! I will be praying for her and for you and the rest of the family. *hugs*

Grayfire_artz
                      Participant

oh dear i wish i could give you a hug. you have all my best wishes and prayers.

She sounds like one tough cookie! Best wishes to you, your family and your trooper. You can do it!! 😀

Jasmine
                        Participant

Hugs and healing thoughts for all of you!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.