fbpx

My grab bag unicorn story. :)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags My grab bag unicorn story. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

This is such a cool story and I just had to share it here. ๐Ÿ™‚

It all started with one of the early batches of grab bag baby unicorns. There was a little one I wanted very much out of the large photo of babies:

Deep down I knew I’d have little chance of getting him, and of course when the box arrived from Windstone it wasn’t him. About a month later someone contacted me interested in a partial trade and offered their grab bag baby uni as part of the deal. A small part of me hoped they had the little guy, and even though I didn’t think they would have him I asked if I could see a few pics. Sure enough, to my surprise it was him! ๐Ÿ™‚

A few months later there was a mother uni on eBay that matched my little one beautifully. I ended up winning the piece and was able to add her to my new uni family. Melody found out I won the mother uni and surprised me by drawing something extra special on my COA! (As her and many of you know, I’m an avid storm chaser!)

And here she is with my grab bag baby uni!

Recently I began searching for a possible grab bag young uni to add to my growing uni family. I created a thread asking about one in particular that matched them, but I found out he belonged to someone who didn’t have plans to sell him. A few days after I created my thread, I received a message from Skeeterdeee saying she had one that looked similar to the piece I was searching for and wanted to know if I’d be interested. I saw the photos and immediately fell in love! I let her know I definitely wanted him, and to my shock and surprise she GAVE him to me as a welcome back gift to the forum!! I was completely amazed by her generosity and told her I would absolutely pay for him, but she insisted and lovingly sent him my way! So I now have a matching grab bag young uni, Dolente, to add to my uni family. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you so much to the one who did the partial trade with me for the grab bag baby uni, to Melody for making my COA extra special (and for painting grab bag unicorns!), to Wampus for helping me in my search, to Hannah for making the lovely grab bag unicorn site, and of course to Skeeterdee, for your absolutely beautiful generosity and kindness. This forum never ceases to amaze me. There are so many incredible, loving people here whom I am proud to call family. <3

Wampus Dragon
      Participant

Seeing that family together just knocks me dead. I love it. They are the only pintos I’ve seen that I’ve liked. Buckskin pinto? Tricolor pinto?

I’m itching to see you find a male to complete the set. They would be all stunning together. And I would hope that you would never ever break that set up, it’s too perfect!

scenceable
        Participant

That’s such a gorgeous story, and they look so nice all together like that! The sketch for the mother unicorn is so pretty. Congrats! I hope you get a male eventually too!

Hannah
          Participant

Wow, they all match so perfectly!! Congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚ Skeeter is indeed a wonder woman (one of many on this forum!), and that was so generous of her!! <3

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

littleironhorse
            Participant

What a great story! And what a great family, I hope you can eventually get all the matching pieces (male and grand)!

I know that there are other hoofer-collectors who have gone out of their way to get matching pieces (I seem to remember a family of palominos from somewhere). To those who have managed to do so: If Machineguts doesn’t mind, maybe you could add them to this thread, I’d love to see more matching families!

Wampus Dragon
              Participant

I will make a thread littleironhorse. Dont want to steal the thunder from MG’s thread, so I will make a separate thread for Windstone ‘families’. ๐Ÿ˜€

Edit: Thread made. Back to squeeing over MGs pretty family.

Bodine
                Participant

How wonderful!! That was such a heart warming story.I am so very happy for you….and welcome back!The sketch is amazing Ms.Melody.Lucky girl MG ๐Ÿ˜‰

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Adaneth
                  Participant

What a beautiful story–thanks for sharing! They look fabulous together! ๐Ÿ™‚

littleironhorse
                    Participant

I will make a thread littleironhorse. Dont want to steal the thunder from MG’s thread, so I will make a separate thread for Windstone ‘families’. ๐Ÿ˜€

Edit: Thread made. Back to squeeing over MGs pretty family.

Sounds good.
                      Can’t wait to see more!

Stephanie
                      Participant

Yay! What a wonderful story. ๐Ÿ˜€

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

That’s such a great story machineguts and I’m also very happy to see you stopping back in here from time to time ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

MG-your little family is gorgeous!

Skeeterdeee
                            Participant

That was just my way of spreading a little sunshine and love to someone that has been so kind to me since the day I joined the forum family almost a year and a half ago. <3
                              That's an awesome story! It's neat that you got an entire family that holds some special meanings to it! I'm so happy it worked out that way! :bigsmile:

Riversgrace
                              Participant

What a very sweet story! So awesome that a mutual love of Windstones can bring the most diversified people together. ๐Ÿ™‚

Katherine
                                Participant

I just love that family. ๐Ÿ™‚ Great story to bond the three together. <3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.