fbpx

My first tattoo!

Home Forums Miscellany Community My first tattoo!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

After years of staring at this piece of art & lots of thinking about whether or not I wanted something permanently inked on me, I finally got it done.

Photobucket

What do you think? I chose the colors, the original art was black & white & yes I did get the artist’s permission to use it, her name is ShinigamiGirl & the original art was drawn in 2009.

Kyrin

Carolyn
    Participant

Very pretty . The colors are lovely .

Melody
      Keymaster

Hey guys,

After years of staring at this piece of art & lots of thinking about whether or not I wanted something permanently inked on me, I finally got it done.

Photobucket

What do you think? I chose the colors, the original art was black & white & yes I did get the artist’s permission to use it, her name is ShinigamiGirl & the original art was drawn in 2009.

Kyrin

Beautiful!!

Ann

Cool!

Adaneth
          Participant

Wow! Very neat. 🙂 How long did it take?

dragonmedley
            Participant

It has a really nice flow to it. Very nicely detailed. The artist did a great job!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

5 hours, & the artist says he wants me back after it heals a bit for another hour worth of refinement work. I can’t wait to see. I know the mane needs more colors, but we were both tired, it was starting to hurt a lot, so he told me to let it rest, & we’ll work on it again in a couple weeks.

Kyrin

bayoudragon
              Participant

Oh wow! So fluid and feminine. Great choice for a tatoo! 🙂

Photobucket

This is a rough draft of the one my husband wants, first new art I’ve drawn in a very long time.

Kyrin

Photobucket

Final design & colors of the tattoo planned for my husband, granted the tattoo artist will do better than I did with my colored pencils, but you get the idea.

Kyrin

WolfenMachine
                Participant

SO awesome! Congrats on your first tattoo! If you dont mind me askinig (and feel free to PM me if you dont want to answer publically) how much per hour did your artist charge? Im not sure what’s “normal” for a full color tattoo-the artist I am hoping to get my first one from charges $90 an hour for color-so my small one will be about 2 hours (I hope not more than that…Ill have a hard time sitting still!)

Yeah! Did he do it all in one sitting? I mean…5 straight hours of you sitting still? Or did he let you get up and walk around every hour or so to stretch.

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

awesome tat!

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

He didn’t charge me an hourly rate, he gave me a flat rate of $250, which I think was low, he seemed really interested in doing this piece, so I think he reduced his rates. No, 5 hours from stencil art to finish with a few breaks for bathroom stretching & in his case a cigarette. He says we still have about an hour worth of work left, but we’ll get to that later after I’m healed up.

Actual inking hours were about 3.25 or so.

Kyrin

Rachel
                    Participant

Very beautiful designs, Kyrin. Congrats!

Congratulations on your first tattoo! It looks so beautiful!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.