fbpx

My first scam.

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone My first scam.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

Well, I think I’ve been had.

Too early yet to be certain, but the old-style baby pegasus I won a whole week ago hasn’t come yet, and though I asked the seller a couple of days ago if she’d shipped yet, I haven’t gotten a response.

I’ll give it a few more days, people do go out of town and such, but if she doesn’t get back to me soon, I’m going to have to assume I’ve been had. *mutters* I really wanted that piece too!

Seller is “slyblonde” but she’s not listing anything else. This looks like a “hit and run” sort of scam. List a bunch of stuff, make off with the money. *sighs*

SPark
      Participant

Oh no!! I’m sorry SPark…don’t give up yet though…sometimes people are REALLY slow. Very weird, but hopefully that’s the case instead of the alternative. I have that piece (w/o the necklace), but it’s touched up by the front leg. So, I’ve been in the market for a mint one as well and was watching the one you bought…BUT, I missed the end. 🙄

Most people don’t know there were two versions of the baby peg. 🙂

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

OH NO!!! I have dedicated a shrine to you! Slyblonde shall not get away with that without disturbing my inner sanctum! SHE SHALL PAY!

……..though I don’t know how yet…….BUT PAY SHE WILL!!!!

Seriously though, I’ve seen that name before though selling Windstones. It sound very familiar!

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

SPark
          Participant

Has zero feedback. She started selling two weeks back, and hasn’t listed anything new since those auctions ended. And still has zero feedback, so nobody’s gotten their stuff yet.

There’s another old-style baby peg up now, which I may go after if this turns out to really be a scam. I’m SO hoping it isn’t, but it’s starting to smell very fishy.

Maria
            Participant

Sorry to hear that, SPark. I really hope she’s just a slow responder. If not, it’s another addition to the Black List…

I think it’s a bit early to worry too much just yet, i can’t remember any time i got an item in less than a week! *comfs* I’ve even had to wait almost two months for an item, that was extreme but it did arrive in the end, exactly as listed!

frozendragon
              Participant

sunhawk wrote:

I think it’s a bit early to worry too much just yet, i can’t remember any time i got an item in less than a week! *comfs* I’ve even had to wait almost two months for an item, that was extreme but it did arrive in the end, exactly as listed!

I had to wait for one….I bought and emerald old warrior from canada….it took almost 2 months to get here……but he was perfect…..but I ended up having to sell him to pay a few bills…. 🙁

SPark
                Participant

I can understand it taking time to ship. But she hasn’t answered my questions either….

frozendragon
                  Participant

SPark wrote:

I can understand it taking time to ship. But she hasn’t answered my questions either….

oh….well that would annoy me….hehe…..I always try to answer within at the most 2 days….and that’s if I am out of town….cause I can always check my email….

SPark
                    Participant

Yeah. I’m not quite ready to file a paypal dispute yet, but if I haven’t heard back from her within the next week, I’m going to have to.

frozendragon
                      Participant

SPark wrote:

Yeah. I’m not quite ready to file a paypal dispute yet, but if I haven’t heard back from her within the next week, I’m going to have to.

yeah…..I would always threaten it first….that usually gets them moving…..I’ve only had to file one…..and they wanted to argue about it….but in the end….I won…..and they lost all the money….including shipping….

SPark wrote:

Could be a computer problem, that was another issue one time. But i do agree that if you don’t get an update in a day or two, it’ll be a bit dodgy because it can’t be that hard to borrow someone else’s computer for something important like a money/goods transaction.

Participant

The only problem with paypal is that if you don’t file within 4 weeks of payment (I think that is still the policy) they don’t worry about it.(Which is why I love using credit cards with Paypal.) I hate that policy since they teamed up with Ebay since that is very unrealistic. Sometimes you don’t know you’ve been had until 6 weeks have past. Although, in this case you can politely say that if you don’t hear from them by Wednesday that you will start the complaint process. This usually gets a response. If not, come Wednesday do what you have to do.

frozendragon
                          Participant

yeah…they should give a longer time to file…..one time ( I was the seller)…I sold a white lap dragon…..and the lady that bought it…..had some problems (forget what they were)….but they were medical….and she just didn’t have the chance to send the payment….

it took a long time….and I was about to leave a negative feedback….when the money order and a note explaining everything showed up in the mail……I felt bad…and ended up mailing her some candles too….

they really should give more time to file a complaint….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.