My Christmas missadventure (long rant)

Home Forums Miscellany Community My Christmas missadventure (long rant)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    wolflodge100
    Participant

We had planned to spend Christmas at my folks, for the past month or so, everyone around me has been sick but I was lucky not to get it…until 2 days before leaving! Then on the way down on Christmas eve, we were going up the big grade before Thousand Oaks and BAM! my car makes this horrible noise and jerks violently. GREAT! We make it off the freeway but my car is stuck in one gear and will not shift. We were hungry and it was starting to rain so we had a bite to eat while I calmed down. When we pulled out of the parking lot, it seemed to be in the right gear again and then BAM! sounded like a gun went off. So I pull over and call my roadside assistance. She takes all my info and tells me they can send a tow truck but my roadside assistance has expired in July so will that be cash or credit. Oh, and the truck will be an hour before it can get there. So we call our dealer to find the number of the dealer closest to us. We call them to let them know our car is being towed in. They say ok but we are closing soon. I got the # for a car rental place and called them, yes they had cars available but couldn’t pick us up for an hour. I left Dennis waiting with the car and started walking to the rental place. When I got there the girl says, lets go look on the lot and see what we have. She says….we have PORCHE’ and BMW oh and some more BMW and a SUV, I settled for that sighned the papers and was on my way to the tune of $80.00 a day! Went to the dealer to pick up my family. After hearing how much the rental car was, they said TAKE IT BACK! they were very kind and gave me a loaner. We finally made it to my folks. They still don’t know what is wrong with my car. I am praying it is covered by warranty. We have also been having lay offs at work and the powers that be had a meeting right before I left. I am praying I still have a job. Sorry for the long rant! ๐Ÿ™

wolflodge100
      Participant

Stephanie
        Participant

*hugs* I’m sorry about all that. I hope your car is fixed quickly and that whatever the fix is, it’s free for you. And I hope you still have a job!

purpledragonclaw
          Participant

What a holiday story! I’m sorry you had such a rough one, to say the least. I hope your car is alright. How old is it? And I hope you still have a job, too.

Maria
            Participant

Oh boy, how’s that for a Christmas surprise? I’m curious to know what your car’s problem is. Please do keep us updated.
              I kinda had to laugh when you told about your experience at the dealership. “Well, do you want luxus or double luxus?” I’m glad you made it to your family all right, and I sure hope you don’t lose your job!

Adaneth
              Participant

I hope you find out what’s up with the car, that it’s not horribly expensive, and that things get better for you! Best wishes with the job situation.

Can’t help but be amused because I also stopped in Thousand Oaks for gas over a week ago when I was out in CA visiting family. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Oh wow that misadventure sounds similar to the one my husband and I had two years ago. Good luck with getting the car gixed.

Jasmine
                  Participant

Yikes! Not good, hope it turns out okay.

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Oikies… what a mess! I’m sooo sorry ๐Ÿ™ Hope it gets better quickly!

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

Well, it could have been worse, so glad you are safe and though your car isn’t working, you were able to make it to your destination despite it all.

Your description of what your car did sounds suspiciously like a transmission or torque converter, eek, those can get pricey, I hope that they are under warranty. *crossing fingers for ya!*

With luck you will retain your job, all we can do is hope. HANG IN THERE!

Kyrin

BDW
                      Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฎ OMG when it rains it pours!
                        So sorry you had a bad day. ๐Ÿ™
                        I hope you get to keep your job.

Bob

Any update on the car or job???

Lokie
                          Participant

Sorry to hear about your misadventures. I hope you still have a job when you get back ๐Ÿ™

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

Sorry to hear about you troubles. Hope it all works out and the car is covered.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Maria
                              Participant

So, how are things looking, wolflodge?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.