fbpx

My 1B tadpoad adoptee needs "hair club for poads" aka. a tuft transplant – help?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs My 1B tadpoad adoptee needs "hair club for poads" aka. a tuft transplant – help?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    WeRePaNtHeR
    Participant

My tadpoad’s tuft is kinda thin, a bit worn, and a piece came out which ever so slightly exposed the base hole where the tuft is inserted/glued and though it isn’t that detractive it bugs the bejeebus out of me!
      I know a tuft replacement is probably not too challenging but just the same would be more comfortable having someone with the materials and crafting skills take a crack at him than myself as I’m afraid of wrecking him – help?
      I’ve also considered making him a franken tad by replacing his glass eyes with a new color if doable. They are blue and I have quite a few blue eye taddies already so kind of like a hot rod thought i’d customize him a bit.

Forever seeking: plum, chili pepper, and tattoo oriental dragons and kirins.

Kim
      Blocked

I had a tadpoad whose tuft wasn’t glued all around and exposed a little hole at the base, so I just pulled it to the side a bit and glued it although if you want a replacement that might be a little more work but you could probably just pull it out around the base and glue a new one in with white glue or a bit stronger glue. I actually replaced the eyes on one of my tadpoads that arrived with cracked eyes. But when I put water around the eye edges to loosen the glue, it softened the gypsum around the eyes and when I carefully tried to take the eyes out, it chipped the eyelids. I then had to remold them a bit with epoxy sculpt and repaint. Then I glued new eyes in. It is harder than it seems to replace eyes.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

Werepanther, have a quick read here:

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/repair-subforum-rules-guidelines

And good luck with your little project! πŸ™‚ I hope you can fix her up (if not, someone here probably can)

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

WeRePaNtHeR
          Participant

Werepanther, have a quick read here:

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/repair-subforum-rules-guidelines

And good luck with your little project! πŸ™‚ I hope you can fix her up (if not, someone here probably can)

Hi Angelika πŸ™‚

Am I missing something or doing something hinky with why you sent the guidelines?

Yay! I had someone offer to help who I’m waiting to hear back from and have done past business with so looks like I’m good to go! Thanks!

WeRePaNtHeR
            Participant

I had a tadpoad whose tuft wasn’t glued all around and exposed a little hole at the base, so I just pulled it to the side a bit and glued it although if you want a replacement that might be a little more work but you could probably just pull it out around the base and glue a new one in with white glue or a bit stronger glue. I actually replaced the eyes on one of my tadpoads that arrived with cracked eyes. But when I put water around the eye edges to loosen the glue, it softened the gypsum around the eyes and when I carefully tried to take the eyes out, it chipped the eyelids. I then had to remold them a bit with epoxy sculpt and repaint. Then I glued new eyes in. It is harder than it seems to replace eyes.

Hi Kim πŸ™‚

Thanks for the advice and sharing your experiences with it! I’ll have to post before and after pics. of the little fella if repairs go thru alright, I have someone skilled lined up so that is off to a good start!

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

Not at all πŸ™‚

I just wanted you to be aware of this, as it came time for repairs…and if you changed the eyes, and had to resculpt the eye sockets, you would also have to repaint it. Since it’s a non PYO, I thought you might want to know, that’s all πŸ™‚

Glad to hear you found some help!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Scathach
                Participant

Wow! That’s a dangerous thing to try, Kim.

With the great customer service here, I’m sure they would have let you return the Poad and replaced the eyes for you.

At least it worked out, somewhat. But, sure will need full disclosure should you sell or trade her.

Life is beautiful.

WeRePaNtHeR
                  Participant

Thanks Zen! :p

Kim
                    Blocked

Susie actually sent me replacement eyes and warned me before I tried to replace them and said they could replace the poad if it didn’t work. I just wanted to try it because the cost for me to ship it back would have been more than them sending me the eyes. Anyway that tadpoad isn’t going anywhere although it’s hard to tell now that I fixed it.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.