Mother Uni Repair – horn and felt damage

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Mother Uni Repair – horn and felt damage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dragobs
    Participant

horn 1
      horn 2

I recently purchased an old white mother uni from ebay, and she was described to have a slightly bent horn, as well as the name “toni” written on the bottom felt. Ive never repaired a horn before but i feel like if i am able to remove it, and turn it + re attatch so that the bend looks more natural it might not be so bad. Or if it should be replaced all together?

The part i’m most currious about repairing is the black inked name on the felt. Does anyone know how to maybe remove the ink? Might not be possible. I also dont think the name is supposed to be there?
      bottom felt

I guess if i have a unicorn signed by a mysterious toni that would be kind of funny ;P
      The paint chips wont be a problem. Easily repaired. She looks like there was glue dripped on her too??? She needs tlc badly. Hopefully the images work.

Dragobs
      Participant

glue drip

Theres the drip image. I have no idea what that is.

Dragobs
        Participant

Also worth mentioning these are the ebay images and i do not have her in my posession yet.

GardenNinja
          Participant

I don’t do repairs, but I have heard that removing horns is quite difficult and requires a lot of patience. But it can be done. There may even be an old topic describing how to do it, if you want to scan through the old topics in this sub-forum.

The drip doesn’t look like glue to me, but I have no idea hat it might be.

As for the name Toni, that looks to me like an ownership claim to prevent a sibling from taking possession. I put a dot of pink nail polish on the bottom of all my Matchbox cars so my brothers couldn’t claim them. One of them put Liquid Paper on the bottom of his. If there wasn’t any mark, it belonged to the eldest, who was always happy to lay claim to his siblings’ toys. Personally, I wouldn’t worry about it. I would just take a permanent marker and mark it out. But I buy Windstones entirely to keep them, and I don’t worry about resale value. If I can’t see it, it doesn’t matter. Others may feel differently.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

GardenNinja
            Participant

Whadda ya know, it was on page 2:
              http://windstoneeditions.com/the-windstone-forum/topic/replacing-a-broken-horn/

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Dragobs
              Participant

I was Thinking that as well.

Thanks for the link!
                Will just have to wait till it comes in and give it a go. Trial and error..

I’ll try to post some after pics. And report anything if it hasnt already been said.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.