More Grab Bag Baby and Young Unicorns?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody More Grab Bag Baby and Young Unicorns?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I was just going through some old ask Melody threads and was thinking about grab bag unicorns again. There had been some talk about more grab bag unicorns a few months ago and you mentioned you would paint more young unicorns after Christmas so I am just wondering when those might come out?

Also I am wondering if more baby unicorns have been cast too since you last said you were out of them? The last fantasy grab bag batch of baby unicorns came out on 2/9/2013. So I have been waiting over 3 years for more fantasy baby unis. I would be nice if more came out soon and if there were two batches like the poads with fantasy and safari ones.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
      Keymaster

I was just going through some old ask Melody threads and was thinking about grab bag unicorns again. There had been some talk about more grab bag unicorns a few months ago and you mentioned you would paint more young unicorns after Christmas so I am just wondering when those might come out?

Also I am wondering if more baby unicorns have been cast too since you last said you were out of them? The last fantasy grab bag batch of baby unicorns came out on 2/9/2013. So I have been waiting over 3 years for more fantasy baby unis. I would be nice if more came out soon and if there were two batches like the poads with fantasy and safari ones.

Right. I need to check on the baby unicorn supply, and have more cast if there aren’t enough for a grab bag.
        I am working on grab bag Young unicorns now, because we’ve had a cart full of them sitting around waiting patiently to get painted.
        It will probably take me all month to paint these, then I’ll see about doing babies again.

Aggie83
        Participant

Oh, oh, oh – young uni grab bag. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Should be about the right time for me to tell hubby what I want for my birthday. :bigsmile:

The idea of a new grab bag batch of young unicorns is so exciting! I’m new to the forums and wasn’t around for the last batch, so I’ve just been going over the old photos of them and marveling at the different colors and patterns. I would absolutely sign up for a new one!

etruscan
          Participant

The idea of a new grab bag batch of young unicorns is so exciting! I’m new to the forums and wasn’t around for the last batch, so I’ve just been going over the old photos of them and marveling at the different colors and patterns. I would absolutely sign up for a new one!

You don’t actually sign up for Grab Bags, if that is what you mean, you need to go to the store site and “grab” one when they come out. Then we HOPE that the store doesn’t crash because everybody is trying to buy a unicorn at the same time!

What you can do now is go to the store listing for Grab Bag Young Unicorns and click the “Join Waitliist” button if you want to be sure that you are notified when they go into the store.

You don’t actually sign up for Grab Bags, if that is what you mean, you need to go to the store site and “grab” one when they come out. Then we HOPE that the store doesn’t crash because everybody is trying to buy a unicorn at the same time!

What you can do now is go to the store listing for Grab Bag Young Unicorns and click the “Join Waitliist” button if you want to be sure that you are notified when they go into the store.

Ah, good to know, thank you! Do they usually sell out very quickly?

etruscan
            Participant

Ah, good to know, thank you! Do they usually sell out very quickly?

It depends on the piece and depends on the price. I think it also depends on how soon the last Grab Bag came out and how much money people have available. Smaller sculpts are cheaper and usually go more quickly, especially if they are new designs (like new pebble creatures).

Expensive items like the young unicorns generally don’t sell out for a day or two, maybe longer. Grab Bags are almost always limited to one per person when they first go on sale. The limit will be lifted if they stay in the store for several days.

etruscan
              Participant

One more thing about Grab Bags – they usually to go into carts very quickly at the beginning. This does not mean that they are all sold. The tendency is to grab first to be sure you have one, and then decide if you want it!

The old store had a message “All stock is in carts, please check back later”. Pieces that were in carts for 45 minutes without being purchased automatically returned to the store. That’s what people meant when they talked about pieces jumping out of carts. I don’t know how the new store will work.

Kim
                Blocked

Yey! I hope they do take all month though so I can save up for one if they come out next month. That would be just in time for my birthday, May 11! Are you doing fantasy and safari ones again? I would love to get one like a leopard or white tiger or some kind of crazy colourful one again.

flaconscale
                  Participant

Only new to this but a GB possibility excites me… I would love to see another adult poad one in the future myself as I have fallen in love with them

DREAM/GRAIL POAD = #9 of the 2021 Spring Young GB

---
                    Always looking to increase my Poad Clutter.
                    After GB poads of all ages
                    Please Msg me if you have one who might like living in Aus

---

Seeking a Zeppard Poad, PREF Teal / Blue eyes
                    Dream/Grail Piece/s; Okapi Adult Poad; #9 of the 2021 Spring Young GB

Ferlin1984
                    Participant

From the other thread Laurie mentioned lace and feathers and beautiful colors. These sound like they will be mind blowing. Can’t wait to see everyone’s pictures.

Kim
                      Blocked

Oh yeah I saw her comments just now. Wow, so exciting! I love feathers and colours and intricate patterns!

Susie
                        Keymaster

The new store works pretty much the same way the old one did – I think the messages are worded differently but there is some kind of an “all stock is in carts” message – you may have to read your screens carefully until you get used to it (and until we get all the fonts to be nice and visible – some words are kind of small or pale!).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.