fbpx

More Ebay (not as bad as bodine!)

Home Forums Miscellany Community More Ebay (not as bad as bodine!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ann

I guess it’s eBay day because I am having a slight dilemma as well. I bought the Ki-rin set on eBay with the male, female, and two babies. The seller and I went back and forth, but eventually agreed to $225 plus shipping.

As per the listing “They are near MINT. No cracks or missing paint at all!”

Well, they arrived today and while they are near mint, all the pieces have flea bites and paint chips and the male and one of the babies have small chips on the hooves on the non-display side. The mom has a paint chip on her display side, however after looking at the listing again, you can see the chip in the photo, so not spotting that falls on me. I originally thought it was glare because the listing said “no missing paint.”

I think I still got a good price on the set, but I’m bummed that their condition wasn’t accurate. I already have one mom with a chip, and was planning on keeping the “mint” one and selling my other and also selling the two babies. I wasn’t looking to make money just to break even on my purchases.

My question is, do you think the price is still good enough I should let it go, or should I bring it up with the seller?

Kim
      Blocked

I am not exactly sure what the price should be but it seems to me that is each big one sold for $100 mint and each little one around $50 that maybe a mint set should be around $300? If I were you I would describe the damage to the seller like you did here and ask for a partial refund at least even if it was like $25-$50 since your set is not mint.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Pam

Sadly I think most sellers definition of “mint” is “no damage that I can notice at a glance”.

Dandr13
          Participant

Don’t worry about the small chip that you may have been able to see in the picture, it is the sellers responsibility to accurately describe what they are selling, not the buyers to go over every picture with a magnifying glass. I would send them a message stating that the description was misleading, and that your negotiations were for pieces with no damage or missing paint (they seem to have been very clear on that point). It’s perfectly reasonable to ask for a small portion of the money back. An item not being as described is grounds for opening an eBay claim, and most sellers are willing to attempt to right any wrongs in order to keep there seller rating high. I always figure it’s worth asking, because the worst they can do is say no.

phantomess
            Participant

Yes, I’d definitely message the seller. The “No cracks or missing paint at all!” was WRONG!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Kathleen
              Participant

Oh no ๐Ÿ™ I think you did get a decent price but I would be upset they didn’t match the description.
                I bought a grand unicorn what arrived very badly damaged but thankfully I had a decent seller who refunded me my money and doesn’t want item back so no wasted shipping fees on a broken piece. I did pay twenty in customs I didn’t tell seller about as I felt bad but I guess I have a twenty dollar pile of gypsum. ๐Ÿ˜›
                Let seller know and I will cross my fingers you have a great seller as.well who will fix this. ๐Ÿ™‚

Skigod377
                Participant

I’d be pissed. Not as described… Maybe come to a partial refund agreement?

bayoudragon
                  Participant

I’ve learned two things about cheap eBay Windstones…

1. They are not usually described accurately.

2. The seller doesn’t realize their value and thus does not take precautions to ensure their safe travel.

This was one of the last Windstones I bought from eBay. >.<
                     photo grifpost_zpse2980986.jpg

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

I’d be pissed. Not as described… Maybe come to a partial refund agreement?

^ This

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.