Mixed Medium Sculpture Swap(s) ( clay, poly clay, resin, etc. )

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Mixed Medium Sculpture Swap(s) ( clay, poly clay, resin, etc. )

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello!

So by what I have seen, there seem to be quite a lot of people on the forums that work in polyclay/casting. I was wondering how many, if those people would be interested in doing a “mini” swap.
    We could set a range for size and couple of brackets for those that would prefer to make larger pieces.

Pieces would be required to be something the artist made, no outside castings or work such as a pyo or something bought online. It could be any type of poly-clay (femo, sculpy, air dry, etc) If it is a casting, it could be any type, along as it has been painted, you know like a final work. Same with poly, if you use blank colors, try to paint it up or something. This would be mostly for fun, and a great way to help spread everyones work. Once all the pictures are in, I could try to compile a gallery for deviant art or photobucket or such.

It could be a fun and great way to share your work, and your business. and for visitors of the forum, if you have an etsy etc, and take part, we could post a link with you work when it shows up.

The only cap I would have is that while you could enter as many brackets as you want, only one per bracket please. You can make something larger than a bracket, but only expect a piece a average size of the bracket back. I would do my best to put larger with larger, heavy for heavy, etc.

Anyways, this would need planning, and it would be fun to organize one to get started in the next few weeks to a month for sign ups. But again, just an idea. We do so many different swaps, it gives everyone a chance to try something new or do something they like. Feel free to offer ideas for other kinds of swaps too. I would gladly organize any smaller swaps like this, and have PLENTY of time to do so.

Anybody interested??

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Ciarnet
    Participant

I would be quite interested, I think it is a clever idea.

I’ve lately been thinking about trying out something like this.

Well, I will happily orginize it. Oh and would it be resonable to have this kind of swap and the art card swap anually or bi-anually? They could be done in like FEB-March ish and July-august ish so they would not overlap the other swaps..

I will orginaize thise swap and figure some details out in the next few weeks, if you would like to sign up early, just PM and I will get a spread sheet together. I’ll get some details worked out in the next ouple ofweeks.

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

I plan to start brainstorming and forming ideas for this thursday. Would anybody be able to tell around when the PYO swap will be so I don’t overlay with it and too much of the fuzzy swap? If they are really close together, then I will plan and open up entries, but won’t start it till after the PYO swap has finished.

dragonmedley
      Participant

I plan to start brainstorming and forming ideas for this thursday. Would anybody be able to tell around when the PYO swap will be so I don’t overlay with it and too much of the fuzzy swap? If they are really close together, then I will plan and open up entries, but won’t start it till after the PYO swap has finished.

I can’t give you exact dates, but I’ll open the sign up when I’m back, so the first weekend of April, with a shipping date probably in June. I have a “formula” for the number of weeks to sign up and paint, but I don’t know it by heart 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

OK, I’ll Open sign ups NOW, but The swap will start 2 weeks-4 weeks after the ship date. I may have to wait till july, Mary wants to fly me to Iowa to meet my birth mother and 3 other siblings. 😀 I really hope that does not overlay the ship date for the swap. That could make it tricky for the both of us. I get the basics figure out in the next week. I know I am doing this kinda wierd, but I am having a really weird couple of days and am having a hard time remembering and keeping up with everything right now….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.