fbpx

"Mistakes"

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone "Mistakes"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

So, everybody, out of curiosity – and for the database – I’d like your help and input.
      How many “mistake” pieces do you know of? I’ve come up with the following in Jade:

Oriental
      Young Oriental
      Oriental Sun
      Male
      Female
      Young
      Coiled Male
      Scratcher
      Hatching Emperor
      Hatching Empress

And the following emeralds with orange eyes:

Male
      Female
      Young
      Emperor

(Funny how the mistakes are all emerald, huh?:lol:)
      Are there any others of those or any other mistakes I’ve missed?
      Thanks all!

Maria
      Participant

Pegasi1978
        Participant

What about the two different shades of peacock on the oriental dragons? We know it has been on the young oriental and one of the other two. Can’t remember which though.

littleironhorse
          Participant

The emerald hatching dragon also came out with orange eyes.

Maria
            Participant

Thanks, both. I’ll add the young Oriental and Oriental in dark peacock and the emerald hatchling with orange eyes.
              Any others?

Well I recently bought a Gargolingus that the egg wasn’t shaded, but I think I will have to ask Melody about it.

Oh, and then remember there was the old green dragon with blue eyes. I am not sure what sculpt it came out in.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

dragonessjade wrote:

Oh, and then remember there was the old green dragon with blue eyes. I am not sure what sculpt it came out in.

Those were different. They weren’t mistakes. Back when they were making them, they’d let the Factory workers take home a piece at Christmas time- and some of the workers really liked the blue eyes in the green dragons. So if one of those pop up you know it was created by and for a Windstone painter! Most of them probably kept them.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Nambroth wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

Those were different. They weren’t mistakes. Back when they were making them, they’d let the Factory workers take home a piece at Christmas time- and some of the workers really liked the blue eyes in the green dragons. So if one of those pop up you know it was created by and for a Windstone painter! Most of them probably kept them.
                Aw, ok.

Jodi
                Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

So, everybody, out of curiosity – and for the database – I’d like your help and input.
                  How many “mistake” pieces do you know of? I’ve come up with the following in Jade:

Oriental
                  Young Oriental
                  Oriental Sun
                  Male
                  Female
                  Young
                  Coiled Male
                  Scratcher
                  Hatching Emperor
                  Hatching Empress

And the following emeralds with orange eyes:

Male
                  Female
                  Young
                  Emperor

(Funny how the mistakes are all emerald, huh?:lol:)
                  Are there any others of those or any other mistakes I’ve missed?
                  Thanks all!

Melody said once that the Lap Dragon came out in the Jade color too. I wrote down the list she gave me. I’m not sure about the Oriental Sun Dragon though. Has anyone seen one?

Maria
                  Participant

I could still add it as an abberation…

Jodi
                    Participant

Sure. πŸ™‚

Basilisk Melody said that the Jade on the Oriental, Young oriental and the Coiled was NOT a mistake. Everything else was πŸ˜€

Maria
                      Participant

Griffiness, you’re confusing the color and the color name. πŸ˜‰ The Orientals green was called jade but was supposed to be the same tone as the Western dragons’ emerald. The Jade tone is a mistake, no matter what sculpt it’s on.

No im not honest 8)

Ive found the post that Melody wrote for you πŸ˜€

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:48 pm Post subject:

——————————————————————————–

The jade ( dark green color without any brighter green highlights) was “officially” put on the Oriental, the young Oriental, and the Coiled dragon (that’s the cowpie with the globe). The other pieces in Jade are a mistake, or at least something nobody remembers doing intentionally.

Maria
                        Participant

Aha! just learned something new. Well, in that case sorry for the false accusation and thanks. I’ll go look for the original now. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.