fbpx

Migraine

Home Forums Miscellany Community Migraine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Jodi
      Participant

So, last night I got a migraine. Horrible! I thought I was going to :puke: , and the light and TV hurt my eyes and ears. And the pain! I won’t even go into the pain!

Today I’m better, but I’m supposed to be grading papers, and I’m having a hard time getting into it. I’m at school in my office, but I’m using any excuse not to look at the papers. I have gotten a few done, so it’s not as bad as it seems.

The problem is that I think I’m getting the migraine back. I have a weird feeling on the left side of my head, which was where it was last night. My vertigo is acting up a little too. I suppose I should just get as much grading done as I can before it comes back.

Anyway, this is my day today. 😕 😀

Bob

Sorry for your head pain but I feel your pain I’m stuck at work with a NASTY cold and getting more nasty as the day goes on

Jodi
          Participant

I’m sorry you have a cold. They are never fun.

I have a feeling that the weather is causing this migraine bout I’m going through. I’ve managed to fend it off so far today, but I can feel it wanting to hit me.

I got some papers graded today, but couldn’t do too many. I guess I’ll be back tomorrow to do more.

darjeb
            Participant

You have my deepest sympathy I used to get either a bad migraine or crippling cramps at that time each month.

Stephanie
              Participant

*hugs* I’m sorry you’re both feeling bad. When I get bad headaches I take one or two capsules of cayenne pepper. That usually helps me.

Jasmine
                Participant

I get really bad headaches every time the barometer changes. It sucks.

If you get migraines regularly, you probably already know this. When I get them, I’ve found that a really cold (stick it in the freezer for a couple of minutes) washcloth over my eyes for 15-30 minutes really works wonders. Or a very cold shower.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Maria
                  Participant

Sorry about the migraine, emerald. Whenever I get a headache it’s usually because I haven’t drunk enough. A migraine must be rather worse.

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Sorry to hear about the migranes emerald. And your cold too DM. Feel better soon!

Sorry to hear about the migranes….

It just seems that me and my fiancee might have whooping cough. Stupid University. He should get the results back tomorrow…. *crosses fingers*

Stephanie
                      Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

It just seems that me and my fiancee might have whooping cough. Stupid University. He should get the results back tomorrow…. *crosses fingers*

I had whooping cough last year. My doctor didn’t even test for it, didn’t notify the County Health Dept., didn’t do anything but give me cough syrup. I told our school nurse (I’m a teacher) and she was the one who notified everyone who needed to be notified.

But it was such a strange thing. I didn’t even know whooping cough existed anymore. I was like…Didn’t some of my characters on that old Oregon Trail game die of whooping cough? Should I rest for a day or increase rations?

I hope you don’t have it. Good luck!

Stephanie wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

I had whooping cough last year. My doctor didn’t even test for it, didn’t notify the County Health Dept., didn’t do anything but give me cough syrup. I told our school nurse (I’m a teacher) and she was the one who notified everyone who needed to be notified.

But it was such a strange thing. I didn’t even know whooping cough existed anymore. I was like…Didn’t some of my characters on that old Oregon Trail game die of whooping cough? Should I rest for a day or increase rations?

Whooping Cough (along with a lot of other diseases) went into decline because we started using vaccines. Never was eradicated though. We are seeing more cases now because parents are afraid that the vaccines will give their kids autism. Kids get them and then pass them on to older people whose immunity has worn off over time. We are also seeing more measles and mumps.

Tara
                        Participant

Hope Everyone statrts feeling better soon! squeek*

RiDuvessa wrote:

Stephanie wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

Whooping Cough (along with a lot of other diseases) went into decline because we started using vaccines. Never was eradicated though. We are seeing more cases now because parents are afraid that the vaccines will give their kids autism. Kids get them and then pass them on to older people whose immunity has worn off over time. We are also seeing more measles and mumps.

Apparently my fiancee’s immunity might be wearing off (you should rest for a day Stephanie, lol). And I don’t have an immune system worth… ahem…. the letters it’s printed with, so if he gets it, then I probably will. So far no symptoms though. So…. perhaps I get lucky. :shrug: Is it bad that when we took him to the doctor, she had me listen to his lungs? I mean, she just looked all excited at me and said “Come here, listen to this!!!”. Yeah…. That scares me more then anything in the world. If *I* can hear something out of the norm (without ever having heard a healthy lung), then it’s gotta be bad… lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.