Might be gone for a while. Updated 3/27

Home Forums Miscellany Community Might be gone for a while. Updated 3/27

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

My computer’s having problems again and needs to be taken to a repair shop, so I probably won’t be on for a couple days, at least. That’s if everything goes well. Which it won’t because God or whoever just hates me THAT MUCH. Seriously. This thing is my LIFE. If I lose it the nerves/anxiety will most likely kill me.

So… just letting you know.

I won’t be getting any sleep tonight, that’s for sure. I’ll probably be throwing up til noon tomorrow from the nerves. πŸ˜₯

Every time I start to feel better/be less nervous something like this happens and makes it 100x worse that it ever was. Gah.

edit: I can’t afford this, so if I ever get back I might end up having to sell some of my Windstones. I just bought a rainbow hatching emperor today too… πŸ˜₯

Stephanie
    Participant

*hugs* Hang in there! I hope everything works out for the best.

Starbreeze
      Participant

Good luck!!! Let’s hope it’s a minor repair!!! πŸ˜‰

*sends good luck* πŸ™‚

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

*hugs* *Sends lots of St Paddy’s good luck your way* πŸ™‚

Heather
        Participant

Best of luck! I know this really stinks and that any time away is really unwelcome, but hang in there. Have you got a project you can work on or a book to read to make the time go by faster?

keschete
          Participant

PaperCut wrote:

My computer’s having problems again and needs to be taken to a repair shop, so I probably won’t be on for a couple days, at least. That’s if everything goes well. Which it won’t because God or whoever just hates me THAT MUCH. Seriously. This thing is my LIFE. If I lose it the nerves/anxiety will most likely kill me.

So… just letting you know.

I won’t be getting any sleep tonight, that’s for sure. I’ll probably be throwing up til noon tomorrow from the nerves. πŸ˜₯

Every time I start to feel better/be less nervous something like this happens and makes it 100x worse that it ever was. Gah.

edit: I can’t afford this, so if I ever get back I might end up having to sell some of my Windstones. I just bought a rainbow hatching emperor today too… πŸ˜₯

All of us have these days, weeks, months, years….

I call it a “do over” like last year one of my best friends who was 38 and had two young children, had a stroke. Her husband had to make the choice to take her off life support. Her family was angry. His children were devastated. But he did what she asked him to.

So all of her friends decided we needed a “do over” of the last year. We obviously did not get that. But, it was a way to cope. Everyone has bad times, you just have to hang in there, and know that eventually, things will get better.

You can be at the lowest you have ever been in your life and eventually, things will start to get better. You have to look for the change and you have to work for the change and you must be positive…but things will get better! I Promise….you just have to look for the opportunity!

Cheer up, adversity makes us better people, even though dealing with it sucks! What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger!!!!

Hope things get better for you soon! Hugs!

Well I’m back… for the moment anyways. Still not entirely convinced the computer’s okay now, but.. whatever. Blargh. Too much fighting/running back and forth to the repair shop, don’t really feel like explaining everything that went on the past week. Because of all this stress lately I’m completely unstable now; pretty much every little thing that happens makes me either depressed or pissed. 😳

But… at least I have my computer back… hope it stays that way. *flails*

Stephanie
            Participant

*hugs* I hope so!

Well. So much for hoping everything would be okay. The computer is dying, infested with a virus that can’t be removed (it’s in the system files and removing it would only damage Windows and make it unusable), and the only options are a restore to factory settings or to buy a new computer. I hate brand name computers (this is HP) so I’m going with the second option. It will be built from scratch with only the things I want on it and not all that useless crap HP puts on their computers.

So. It looks like I’ll be gone for another week or two starting in a couple days. Hopefully I won’t end up in the nut house. πŸ˜₯

Amanda
              Participant

Sorry to hear about your computer troubles, I’m lost when mine isn’t working too. I have an HP also and had to restore it to factory settings about a year and a half ago and it’s been great ever since. I was actually glad to have cleaned all the junk off of it but it WAS a pain loading all my files and songs back on πŸ˜›

See I have all my pictures and stuff all backed up on a disc, that’s not the problem. But I’m gonna end up losing my (slightlylessthanlegal :oops:) photoshopCS2 and all my other programs, and that’s what kills me. I’ve been collecting stuff on this thing for about four years so… it’s a lot to lose. πŸ˜₯

Stephanie
                Participant

I use a service called Carbonite. It’s an off site backup subscription, very reasonably priced. If you ever loose your computer, or it breaks, all you have to do is log into their website and hit ‘restore’, and in about 24 hours you have your full computer back – programs, settings, everything.

http://www.carbonite.com/

Well see I can’t really do that cause it would end up backing up the viruses and everything nasty too. ^^;

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.