Mercedes Lackey

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Mercedes Lackey

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

I saw on Facebook and followed up on Twitter where Mercedes Lackey collapsed at Gen Con yesterday and had to be rushed to the hospital. Her blood pressure was at dangerous levels, “she was in & out of consciousness & lucidity, but had vision trouble, slurring, & hallucinations.” They have ruled out a stroke, but don’t know what caused it.

While I may not have read much by her the last few years (because real life) she will always remain one of my favorite authors. To me, the news of her collapsing, is almost as bad should the same thing ever happen to Melody. The two will always be intertwined for me as Melody’s gryphons are how I have always pictured Mercedes’ gryphons.

Pegasi1978
      Participant

I don’t know what happened to the original post. Damn phone and forums not being mobile friendly.

I saw on Facebook and Twitter where Mercedes Lackey collapsed at Gen Con. Her blood pressure was in dangerous levels and “She is in & out of consciousness & lucidity, but has vision trouble, slurring, & hallucinations. She is improving, though.”

She is one of my favorite authors (even if I haven’t been able to read much by her in the last few years because life is in the way) and the news of her collapsing is just as devastating should the same ever happen to Melody. Her work and Melody’s work will always be intertwined to me as Melody’s gryphons are how I have always pictured Mercedes’ gryphons.

Melody
        Keymaster

Oh dear! I checked their twitter feed and it sounds like she is improving!!

dragonmedley
          Participant

Oh no!

She’s one of my favorites too. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodancia
            Participant

So sorry to hear about this.ย  I have a whole bookshelf filled with Valdemar books!ย  Hope she recovers soon.

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

StormDancer
              Participant

Oh I hope she recovers fully. I love her books and have several of her series. The Valdemar series is my “Read each winter tradition”!

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Catriona
                Participant

I have her books. Reading Into The West right now. I read Beyond first. I have loved her stories when she wrote stories for Marion Zimmer Bradley Sword and the Sorceress books. I hope she’s doing ok. Anne McCaffreys pern stories still my heart too. I miss her. So I hope Misty is getting better

I love Halloween ๐ŸŽƒ and other spooky things. Bats, cats, ghosts , and monsters. I love ๐Ÿ’• to write stories and draw.

Catriona
                  Participant

I realize now it’s an old posting. Because the books I’m reading were written after it happened

I love Halloween ๐ŸŽƒ and other spooky things. Bats, cats, ghosts , and monsters. I love ๐Ÿ’• to write stories and draw.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.