fbpx

Melody Will There More?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Melody Will There More?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Melody, I have been digging and searching for pieces to finish my collections. Most of what I got was chipped or ruined from poor packing. So instead of tossing the dragons in the trash, I decided to put some of my gifts to work, I learned what paints and materials are used for repairing. I now have over 20 dragons, wizards, orientals in my repair shop. But that is not my Question. I need some Emeralds, Peacocks, Browns, and Greens, to finish my collection. I under stand that most are retired, but there are some in the store, I was informed, that even though they are listed in the store, they will not be painted, because of lot quantity. Time will not be taken to paint 10 or 20 never mind 1. If your mind ever changes, these are the pieces I cannot find, Mini Keeper Dragon – Brown, Scratching Dragon (Brown), Coiled Dragon – Brown, Curled Dragon – Brown, Hatching Dragon version 2 – Brown, Spectral Dragon – Brown, Hatching Dragon version 2 – Emerald, Hatching Kinglet Dragon – Emerald, Mini Keeper Dragon – Emerald, Hatching Emperor Dragon – Peacock, Hatching Kinglet Dragon – Peacock, Hatching Dragon version 2 – Peacock, Curled Dragon – Peacock Old Peacock, Curled Dragon – Peacock, Female Hearth Dragon – Peacock, Look I know me and a lot like me who are building our collection and sometimes have to settle for badly kept and treated Windstones. If there is never ever going to be filled wish list in your store. Then remove the dragons you are never going to paint again. In all I always loved Windstone and bought the first Dragon you painted the year Winstone’s hit the shelves in THE Sticks and Wicks Shop in Massachusetts, that Dragon The Male got crushed in moving. But was replaced with more of his relatives. Thank You for taking the time to read my Gripe, I guess..

Susie
      Keymaster

Hi, I know that this is addressed to Melody but let me help with the reply. Here is general information that will help everyone:

When we’ve retired an item we move it out of the general store listing and into the “Retired” store category. This category doesn’t show everything because we retired things before we had an on-line store, but it does show things that were retired after we began our on-line store. Someday we hope to have a nice “gallery of retired pieces”. Here is a link to the Retired category in the store: https://windstoneeditions.com/product-category/permanently-retired/ If an item is listed in here we will not make more of them in that color (and remember, this list in incomplete, it doesn’t include all of the older dragon sculptures in peacock, emerald, white, old green, brown, ruby, or red fire).

Unsigned Limited Production are sculptures and colors we make in small batches. We may or may not make more of them – we could make more several years from now, we could make some tomorrow, it depends upon a lot of factors including how many people are on the waitlists for them. Please forgive us for the long gaps in production on some of them: for example we do not want to retire something like “Shell Pink” when five years from now we may have a big demand for it. We don’t want to close that door and not be able to make more if the need arises. Here is a link to the “unsigned Limited Production” category in our store: https://windstoneeditions.com/product-category/limited-production-unsigned/

Our “Regular Production” items we offer to our dealers and we try to keep stocked. Here is a link to those items in that category: https://windstoneeditions.com/product-category/regular-production/ These get restocked more often than Limited Production items.

I’ll send you an email with the disposition of each of the dragons you are asking about.

Susie
        Keymaster

There is one more store category: Post-poned Production. This is where we put items we haven’t retired but might make again. https://windstoneeditions.com/product-category/postponed-production/

You can quickly find these odd store categories by going to the bottom of your screen and clicking on SHOP OUR STORE.

pipsxlch
          Participant

I think Ms. Susie’s replies could make a good sticky somewhere for newbies.

Michael, I know it’s not one you specifically mentioned, but Ms. Melody has posted that there won’t be any more (old) green pieces, as the paints used are no longer manufactured. Broke my old green loving heart but it is what it is.

Am I misremembering, or was it also posted once that old peacock is also dead and gone due to the champagne color paint no longer being produced?

Anonymous

Thank Tou

Melody
              Keymaster

Micheal, yes as Susie said, “retired” means we won’t make more, BUT we will paint new sculpts in some retired colors when we get a chance. We are not able to keep up with restocking everything, so we try to paint the pieces in colors that are most in demand. If you purchase a piece on eBay, look for mint pieces with the original box, and INSIST that the seller packs that box tightly, with foam peanuts, inside a larger box. We ship them that way and I don’t think we have ever had a piece break in shipping.

Anonymous

I know, I have been schooling eBay sellers how to ship their products. I have 22 Windstones in my shop.

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Michael, there’s a brown hatching emperor in the Classifieds now. The seller is a long time member here.

One other classification is Test Paints. They’re always/ almost always eBay pieces (don’t think I’ve ever seen one that wasn’t). The current Twilights are an example. They’re often one-offs, but since they are testing out new ideas for paint schemes, they may appear several times (perhaps with variations) and may eventually become a new production scheme. If you see a test paint you love, it would’nt hurt to ‘squeak’ how you’d love to see more of it. You may help it to become that new scheme.

Melody
                    Keymaster

The Old peacock champagne color was one we mixed.
                      We could still produce that color on new pieces, but most people prefer the brighter peacock.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.