fbpx

May the Zorse be with you…

Home Forums Miscellany Community May the Zorse be with you…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

…and so I poke my head in. Like an awful returning case of athletes foot.

‘Sup?

dragonmedley
    Participant

Hey! It’s good to hear from you. Still chillin’ in the wild?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

You mean am I still doing the Wildlife Biologist thing? Oh yes. I’ve gone toe-to-toe and head-to-head with the roughest terrain Oregon has to offer in the quest for the Northern Spotted Owl. I’m headed back up there tomorrow to delve into the temperate rainforest searching for it. I’ve sat at the negotiations and discussions of the science for the new Spotted Owl management plan, and I lead the way into investigations of new, and innovative thinking to hopefully help save this threatened bird. When not doing that, I photograph owls, or harass other avian denizens of the forest. Or hunting for deer, bear and elk. Or… well. You get the idea. WILDLIFE ERRYWHERE.

(Do not take this image. It is my intellectual property. And I had to hike my ass off to reach this bird. It is considered a right of passage in the biologist world to get these images of the animal you study after grueling and hard work.)

siberakh1
      Participant

Hey there! Great to hear from you! That photo is lovely, and from the sounds of it, well earned! Glad to hear you are still doing the Wildlife Biologist gig. It’s definitely a much better job experience than what I do, I’m sure!

Robin
        Participant

That is cool! Great photo.

Serious question…. While you were trekking around the woods up there did you happen to see any sign of the North American Ape? I hear that is good country for them.

Stephanie
          Participant

Hey! It’s great to hear from you again. 🙂

You asked honestly, and seriously, so here is my assessment of the situation concerning bigfoot…

In my experience, there is no such thing as bigfoot, and I have seen absolutely no evidence that would convince me of the presence of an ape living in the woods. The few tracks people have shown me that they said were certifiably bigfoot tracks were nothing more than muddled bear tracks. Strange sounds in the woods, said to be bigfoot “Mating calls” were nothing more than trees rubbing together in the wind, producing strange groaning and screeching noises.

From a biologist who studies wildlife, I find it impossible to believe that there is a self-sustaining, breeding population of large hominid that thrives in the backwoods that has remained “undiscovered” – apes and monkeys tend to be social at some level, some moreso than others, making them extremely likely to be discovered if present. An animal that big is impossible to miss if there is in fact a breeding population. “Absence of proof is not proof of absence” not only shifts the accountability, but holds no water. Until someone brings me a dead one, or gives me a picture/video crisp and clear enough to count hairs on the inside of it’s nose, then my lack of belief remains firm. Even when the platypus was thought to be an elaborate hoax, they were able to produce dead specimens to prove their existence – unlike bigfoot where the primary source of observation is someone supposedly seeing one. Furthermore almost all bigfoot footage has been revealed to be – at best – a very inelaborate and poorly done hoax. I could probably produce a far, far more believable hoax given my background, except for my my damnable professional honor. Otherwise I’d be laughing my way to the bank, as do many self-proclaimed “Bigfoot biologists”. Unlike them, I have actually earned my stripes in the field of wildlife biology.

…on the other hand, I have pranked the unsuspecting using bigfoot when the opportunity presented itself, and adequate gullible people were available. So… the only “Bigfoot” I know of has been myself. I’ve also convinced people jackalopes exist, and that “chicken of the sea” really is an aquatic avian. Mummified opossums I have also found make great chupacabras to scare people with.

Misty
            Participant

…on the other hand, I have pranked the unsuspecting using bigfoot when the opportunity presented itself, and adequate gullible people were available. So… the only “Bigfoot” I know of has been myself. I’ve also convinced people jackalopes exist, and that “chicken of the sea” really is an aquatic avian. Mummified opossums I have also found make great chupacabras to scare people with.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA! I love it >.<

Nice owl pic btw =)

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Welcome home zorse!

twindragonsmum

tdm

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

YAY!!! dark_zorse is back!!! *jumps up and down*

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Photobucket
                    I still have the box you drew on before something I ordered from the factory was shipped out. (Sorry for the crummy pic. I’ve recently moved and haven’t unearthed my camera or it’s cable yet so I had to use my cell phone camera.)

Stephanie
                    Participant

I have a Zorse box sketch too! I will unpack it soon. 😀

Skigod377
                      Participant

Hey! Nice to hear from you again. I am just popping in, too, but its nice to hear from a familiar ‘face.’

Skigod377
                        Participant

Hey! Nice to hear from you again. I am just popping in, too, but its nice to hear from a familiar ‘face.’

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.