fbpx

March swap

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps March swap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Here’s what I’ve compiled so far:

Theme: 5
      No theme: 3
      Would participate either way: 7

Spring is coming (though from looking out my window this fine morning, I’m not so sure), so let’s plan the spring swap.

A while back, we tried a themed swap. Some members were for, some against, and yet, we had more participants for that themed swap than we did for the next non-themed ones!

So, do we want to do it again?

The theme I propose would be psychedelic mushroom, which can mean a LOT of things!!!
      I’ll be honest, I’m proposing this very, very arbitrarily, because Melody had mentioned that particular possibility for wolves I think, and I thought that a) it was a hoot and b) it was very vague,therefore gave a lot of artistic freedom. Other suggestions are more than welcome, of course.

What do y’all think? (every time I’ve tried a poll, the thing blew up in my face, so just respond in the thread and save me singed eyebrows)

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

MandBsMom
      Participant

I’m confidant enough with my painting to join this swap for the first time. That being said, I really don’t have an opinion on if we do a theme or not. I haven’t been involved with Windstones as long as others so I’m not sure what psychedelic mushroom means. Are we talking crazy colors in whatever fashion we choose?

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Ciarnet
        Participant

I love the theme, there are so many things that could be done with it. You could count me in.

Amstaff
          Participant

I also feel like Im up to the challenge of a my first swap πŸ™‚ March seems awfully close though… lol !

But yes, I would be in. Psychedelic mushroom does sound very very cool… that being said I dont really know what that would encompass either πŸ˜› But with some tips Im sure I could make it work πŸ™‚

Prezaurian
            Participant

Are we talking THE 60s with this whole psychedelic mushrooms theme? What with the swirls and the bizarre pastel colors? Tie dye and the lot? I’ll admit, it’s different. Not something I would necessarily think of to do on my own. Outside the comfort zone and all that. Hm…. I’d be willing to take a shot at it. I wanted to join the next swap regardless (I was too busy working on something else during the last swap to join) so this sounds like an interesting challenge. Plus, I just finished what I was currently working on so my plate is empty (as long as I ignore the cache of unpainted Windstones in my closet ^_^;…heh heh heh).

Not sure about Laundry2011, but I am in for sure!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Actually. Mary’s in! So that 2 of us!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Skylover
              Participant

Hm, I don’t think I’d have any issues painting anything along the lines of psychedelic mushroom. However, that said, I myself prefer more natural coloration, so I’m not sure how well I’d like to receive something painted like a psychedelic mushroom.

I personally prefer non-themed swaps. That way I feel the person receiving what I painted has a better chance of liking it.

Scathach
                Participant

It sounds like a neat idea, however, I am completely swamped and there’s no way I’ll be able to participate this time. πŸ™

Life is beautiful.

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Sounds like a Great Themed Swap!
                    However, I’m not going to be in a position to join this time either. πŸ™

It’ll be neat seeing what everyone comes up with though! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Rachel
                    Participant

I’d join. I’m interested to see what people come up with.

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Hm, I don’t think I’d have any issues painting anything along the lines of psychedelic mushroom. However, that said, I myself prefer more natural coloration, so I’m not sure how well I’d like to receive something painted like a psychedelic mushroom.

I personally prefer non-themed swaps. That way I feel the person receiving what I painted has a better chance of liking it.

I second this…

As much as I wouldn’t mind painting a crazy colored creature, I don’t have any desire to own one, and I would hate to risk my tradee feeling bad by not keeping what was painted for me…

I prefer the non themed swaps, as well… Where I can give someone and idea of what I like and see what they come up with from there… and enjoy a more personable touch to what I am painting as well..

That all being said, though I did hope to join the spring swap, it isn’t any skin off my nose if I don’t join this time πŸ™‚ People seem to be excited enough for the theme..

MandBsMom
                        Participant

Now that I think about it, I’m not sure I would want something really crazy either. Maybe if it were limited to the color spectrum I like. Like blue, purple and green psychedelic would be ok. But lime green, pink, and neon orange would be kinda outa place. Maybe we could make color suggestions for our swapees?

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Ciarnet
                          Participant

I really didn’t think the theme was all that restrictive. I think it’s just how you choose to picture psychedelic mushroom. For me it brings up images of Alice in Wonderland.. thank you caterpillar, or the natural mushroom they are actually referencing. Why not do a trippy or outlandish pattern in normal or muted colors? It could be quite striking. I spent about half a second doing an image search on Google for psychedelic mushroom and there was scads of inspiration to be had, some of it in perfectly sane colors that would prove a fair challenge.

Just a thought. πŸ™‚ It is amazing what people have come up with in the past, I bet this one will be no different.

I would love to participate, it’s been ages. Keep us posted as to what we’re gonna do.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.