fbpx

male's eyes

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody male's eyes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Bodine
      Participant

:hi: I have one of the older males with the “mean” look to his eyes.I understand you had to change them because of it. I would like to know,what you had to do to correct the problem.Make a whole new sculpt or just the head?
        How long did you fight with those eyes before you gave up and changed him?Thanx :bye:

Melody
        Keymaster

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: I have one of the older males with the “mean” look to his eyes.I understand you had to change them because of it. I would like to know,what you had to do to correct the problem.Make a whole new sculpt or just the head?
          How long did you fight with those eyes before you gave up and changed him?Thanx :bye:

The evil eyed male dragons were only produced out of ONE mold we had. Before we started using epoxy “masters” we used fragile plaster masters. The eyebrows of the male dragon master broke off almost every time a new rubber mold was created on that master. I was constantly re-sculpting master dragon’s eyebrows with wax, right onto the sculpture… which promptly broke off again the next time a mold was poured.
          So, every new male dragon mold we made during that time had slightly different eyebrows. I am not sure how many extremely “evil eyed” male dragons there are- maybe between 25 and 50? I don’t know what the life of that one particular mold was, but we only made those dragons until that particular mold ripped and needed to be replaced. I changed him the next time I resculpted the eyebrows , and I was careful to not sculpt them like that again!

bayoudragon
          Participant

Does anyone have a pic of these guys anywhere? I would love to see the difference… never knew there was such a thing. ๐Ÿ˜€

Adaneth
            Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

Does anyone have a pic of these guys anywhere? I would love to see the difference… never knew there was such a thing. ๐Ÿ˜€

This thread might interest you:

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7244

Couple ‘grumpy’ brown male dragons. ๐Ÿ™‚

bayoudragon
              Participant

OK, now I want a grumpy one. ๐Ÿ˜†

My old green has “normal” eyes… Poor ebay sellers, I can only imagine what they would think if I sent them a question, “Does the old dragon you’re selling have the “mean” eyes?” ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

purpledragonclaw
                Participant

My emerald male has somewhat mean eyes, but my peacock male does not. I never noticed it until I checked out the way he was looking at me one night!

Melody
                  Keymaster

purpledragonclaw wrote:

My emerald male has somewhat mean eyes, but my peacock male does not. I never noticed it until I checked out the way he was looking at me one night!

I think only the old greens and browns had eyes like that, possibly the oldest peacocks.I know the “Wedding Cake” male had them.. that was when we were just starting to produce the White dragons.

purpledragonclaw
                    Participant

I remember you saying that, but I checked out the eyes on my Emerald male and they do have a “mean” look. I compared it to my Peacock male and there was definitely a difference. The “meanness” isn’t as pronounced as the wedding cake dragons or the brown dragons, but it’s there on my Emerald male.

Melody
                      Keymaster

purpledragonclaw wrote:

I remember you saying that, but I checked out the eyes on my Emerald male and they do have a “mean” look. I compared it to my Peacock male and there was definitely a difference. The “meanness” isn’t as pronounced as the wedding cake dragons or the brown dragons, but it’s there on my Emerald male.

Really??Have you got a pic?

purpledragonclaw
                        Participant

I will send it to you. I’ll try to do it tomorrow.

Rachel
                          Participant

Huh. Interesting. I have two peacock males. I noticed one was a bit greener (very subtle), but I never really looked at the eyes. I have one with the “open” eyes, and one with the “mean” eyes. The scales on the upper lid of the “mean” eyes are small, like the brown, not large like some of the others or the “open” eyes. I might actually have to keep him. I was going to sell him, as he has a few chips and rubs, and I could use the money, but I kind of like having the different versions.

Bodine
                            Participant

On the old brown I have,it looks as though there is a slight difference in the “scale” count.Look at the very front of the eyes.There is a few extra small scales on it,almost another row,at the very front of the eyes closest lining the nose.I have a new gold and his does not. I also have two peacocks also,with color diferences.One is very dark,almost a dark sapphire look to it,and the other is lighter, brighter colors.Their eyes are not like my old browns,though they don’t seem to be as wide open as the golds’. ๐Ÿ˜€ Hope this helps too.

Heather
                              Participant

I have two Old Browns with pretty fierce-looking frowning eyes; I bought them because they had variations in their brown color, but the frowning eyes were a bonus. I just love the Old Brown! He’s so variable and it’s fun to put two totally different versions beside one another. Another really cool thing about the Old Brown males, though, is that sometimes they show up with eyes that aren’t the “medium” shade of blue. I have one with eyes that are intermediate between medium blue and royal blue, and another with eyes that are distinctly blue-gray. I haven’t seen this happen with the Old Green but once: a Hatching that has eyes that are deep red-orange. (Yeah, I bought him too . . . . ๐Ÿ˜ณ )

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.